Tippmann Inner Barrel

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So i've been asked to show what a standard inner barrel is like from the Tippmann after posting my profile feed earlier.

Now pictures don't really show how bad it is but how the outside of the barrel is, it's basically the same inside. Feel rough, cheap & someone you'd make a can of pop with on a cheap production line.

20150413_205854_zpsidizoj6v.jpg

20150413_205904_zpsgwvfwtlg.jpg

20150413_205928-1_zpsh0v42s81.jpg

Jesus christ,that looks like something a secondary school student shat out with his first go on a CNC lathe.

The internal finish too. Fuck me.

That said- If it's machined really straight,then it can be saved with some lapping and polish,but damn I've seen 50 quid alumi springer barrels better finished than that

I would be grand with a barrel like that in a Chinese AEG like CYMA or JG,where I usually give those a lot of DIY work like lapping and polishing.

But In a 400 quid gun I expect at least a good quality barrel and components,I mean at the very bloody least remove the burrs from the bloody thing. Aren't these tippmanns toted as being made in the USA too? Not exactly a good image since the chinese basement shop that's churning out a lot of the 20$ stock barrels on the market is doing a better job.

That finish is shocking! The maker could effortlessly clean it up by polishing it with some oxide paper while it's still spinning on their lathe

• Supporters

I would be grand with a barrel like that in a Chinese AEG like CYMA or JG,where I usually give those a lot of DIY work like lapping and polishing.

But In a 400 quid gun I expect at least a good quality barrel and components,I mean at the very bloody least remove the burrs from the bloody thing. Aren't these tippmanns toted as being made in the USA too? Not exactly a good image since the chinese basement shop that's churning out a lot of the 20$ stock barrels on the market is doing a better job.

yup made in the US Tippmann. In all fairness to Tippmann they are a paintball company and they do make some shit hot paintball weapons. this is their first outing on an Airsoft weapon so they've done pretty well with some of the design.

two things i hate about it.

1. You have to take off the complete from end to get the barrel out. Weird.

2. the hop is a shite design, you have to mod it through the upper receiver to make it work. Really weird.

it's really surprised me that they have used something like that barrel wise. I imagine it's to keep cost down but bloody hell come on at least give it a nice finish.

• Supporters

The straw mod on the hop works wonders :)

straw mod ? do tell ! As i don't know which mod to do, there's a few but the straw is a first on me mate

Basically you cut out a window in the straw for the hop adjuster and make it the same size as the nub, then install it. It basically reduces any wobble you may get. Most receivers are fine and the nub is snug fitting, but if you're getting inconsistency this is a brilliant mod

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.