UKARA Mystery

Pyro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

The long and short of UKARA is this: Not only does it prove your defence and gives retailers the necessity to sell RIF's, but it also stops idiotic 13-15 year olds getting their hands on toy guns to the point a SWAT team needs to be called to a shopping centre.

Though i have heard more negatives than positives: A good retailer of ours WOULD apply for a UKARA/VCRA license, but says it costs £200 a month just to keep it updated and legalised in order sell them. Luckily their relative has a high ranking job with Armex, so we get our gear on a small discount and without the shoddy two-tone.

That being said, UKARA simply over-defines the difference between the gun toting children, maniacs and idiots who think it's okay to walk around with a holstered pistol, with real players of airsoft. Personally, I don't have a UKARA and don't see much point of owning one, but will get one for the sake of it just to make my online purchases easier, wherever necessary.

TLDR: UKARA is the fineline between an airsofter and the possibility of a psychopath.

• Supporters

a member on the UKARA database simplifies sales - end of

It means that they are OVER 18 - not some spotty schoolkid using daddies paypal

They have skirmished at a reputable site for a few times - so have "briefly" demonstrated they once were mature & responsible with an airsoft weapon

(I may be complete idiot now but I did demonstrate some of these properties)

So it simplifies sales and shows that they were once at least a regular skirmisher for a little while AND 18+

It helps to prevent very easy unregulated sales in UK - does NOT eliminate it though but helps to reduce easy access by people

not meeting the ukara requirements.....

There are ways but I will not enter into any discussions on this matter

But if a person really wanted there are a number of ways around this - and repainting an IF or obtaining a RIF is f*ck all compared to some other stuff I could mention

Thankfully - even if it is a bit ott, sellers prefer a buyer to registered on the ukara database - not much to ask to be fair

• Supporters

I've not been on UKARA DB since 07, just had site membership since then. Does the site administrator still have to send off each form? Do they scan then email or is it all physical?

Your site membership number "might" be your ukara number as it is linked/based on your regular skirmish site

A site with its own ukara shop is how it is usually done or the site has to get a UKARA retailer involved

unsure if the post or email details - would think site keeps paperwork copies and just gets a ukara retailer to confirm all is ok

so I think in this modern day world is all done by emails & scans etc....

I don't know for sure - maybe others more involved with law/vcra could confirm

Or could just join a re-enactment group and pay money out for the insurance there, (which is still recognised by customs, but not by a certain 0 shop)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.