Sign in to follow this  
Simon83

New to airsoft, help please.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

Hi all,

I'm new to o airsoft and have been offered a CYMA MP5, was wondering if this gun was a good starter?

The main place I go to is a CQB arena, it's split in to 2 rooms with the larger around 50-60 foot in length.

Help is much appreciated.

post-10900-0-35996300-1423674480_thumb.jpg

MP5's are great for CQB and tbh theres not any major differences between the different manufacturers in terms of design. Some manufacturers are better than others in terms of reliability and Cyma are a reasonable manufacturer.

If you like the look of it, then go for it. Personally I think it has too much clutter and I prefer a collapsible stock for CQB.

There is just no need for any rails on an MP5 other than a small top rail for a sight. If you want a torch then you can get a foregrip with a built in torch.

Haha, it looks nice... I want it :)

If you want to declutter, a replacement rail for just the sight should cost about £5 and a torch foregrip will cost from £20 upwards (the cheap ones will have glass lenses which you will want to replace).

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/mp5-flashlight-fore-grip-acm?from=listing&campaign-id=14

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/rail-mount-for-mp5-g3-low-acm?from=listing&campaign-id=14

In fact if you don't like the meat tenderiser rail, you can probably sell it for enough to pay for the cost of making the gun look all nice :)

the rail looks ok ... then again i do like rails on my weapons, it allows for flexibility ... and a vertical fore grip (i get wrist ache with a standard grip) :lol:B)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.