Afgan style loadout

clumpyedge

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wear my old army DPM kit with all my insignia patches and I'm proud to wear it as it took me 6 months to earn it all, worn on countless exercises and operations, when I talk to people about it all after they've asked me questions, you can see on there face that there not calling you a wanker, some of the more experienced guys ask for my opinions and/or suggestions

There's far more available for MTP/multicam these days as that's the modern kit, it was the same 10/15 years ago when it was still OD & DPM, I'm starting to build up an MTP uniform

Even at new sites, people dont look down there nose at you, not everyone can afford Gucci kit and make do with cheaper stuff, doesn't make you better or worse, its the persons attitude that does

I wear my old army DPM kit with all my insignia patches and I'm proud to wear it as it took me 6 months to earn it all, worn on countless exercises and operations, when I talk to people about it all after they've asked me questions, you can see on there face that there not calling you a wanker, some of the more experienced guys ask for my opinions and/or suggestions

I'm sure I get a similar thing with one of my leather jackets which has a set of FAI pilot's wings badge sewn onto it. Doubtless some people may think I'm a wannabe w@nker for having those wings on the jacket, although if they bothered to talk to me, they'd find out those are actually genuine ones which I earned as a pilot back in '97. But, if anyone wants to think that they're some wannabe totem, and get a weed up their ass about it, then that's their problem not mine. Personally, if I saw someone else wearing some, I'd probably just think 'cool, another pilot' and go and chat to them, and if it turned out they were just wearing them because they liked 'em or whatever, and hadn't 'been there and done it', I wouldn't give a crap, it's their clothing, they can put what they like on it as far as I'm concerned.

I know some people can get a bit snotty about people wearing badges they are not 'entitled to' but in my experience it's invariably a sign of admiration or occasionally even a tribute to a dad or grandad, when people do that so I'd never think that ill of someone for doing so unless they were being a tw*t about it and confirmed otherwise, and even if it was for no other reason than because they were interested in that unit, then that's great too. After all, you don't have to have defended Berlin from the Allies in 1945 to wear a fallschirmjager smock, just liking the look of it is all the justification you need, and it doesn't make you a Nazi if you do wear one any more than it means someone wearing an Afghan loadout is Osama Bin Laden's best mate. So I only think someone is a w@nker if they act like one, and we certainly don't need any badges or outfits to help us identify who those are. :lol:

I agree chock

When me and my boys are airsofting, they tend wear some of my patches especially my para wings :)

When I went to last years local rembrance parade (my boys very 1st army cadet parade and being in the band) they said everyone was saying 'I wish my dad was in the army, you're so lucky'

I pride myself on recognising ex-forces personnel

Absolutely. Sadly my dad died the other week (had his funeral this Friday, which I was proud to get up and talk to the congregation at, as he did so many cool things in his life). He was in the REME, and I may very well start wearing a small REME badge because of that, and if anyone doesn't like it, then tough. :)

Three guys were wearing that at Longmoor last time I went(could be one of them in the pic) actually worked surprisingly well at concealing them, when combined with staying low.

I nicked this from a screen shot of those very same guys ;) i was at the game and loved their load outs! and i was one of the wankers in MTP haha

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.