Revision quietly releases thermal lens for the Locusts

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't know when it happened but they certainly weren't available in the middle of last year. Now they haven't made a product pack containing the lens but they do have them on sale individually:

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/store/desert-locust-thermal-replacement-lens.html

There seem to be no suppliers in the UK with them available yet (tactical-kit does the goggles but not the lens yet) but I have asked them to get some in.

I wonder if all the manufacturers are going to do this soon, fans or no the thermal lens seem to be gaining popularity with players.

I don't know when it happened but they certainly weren't available in the middle of last year. Now they haven't made a product pack containing the lens but they do have them on sale individually:

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/store/desert-locust-thermal-replacement-lens.html

There seem to be no suppliers in the UK with them available yet (tactical-kit does the goggles but not the lens yet) but I have asked them to get some in.

I wonder if all the manufacturers are going to do this soon, fans or no the thermal lens seem to be gaining popularity with players.

is the thermal lens similar to a motorcycle helmet visor pinlock system? a thin piece which site just inside the visor and literally prevents all fogging?

I hope it is and ESS get their mits on some for the cross series of mine ;)

is the thermal lens similar to a motorcycle helmet visor pinlock system? a thin piece which site just inside the visor and literally prevents all fogging

Works on the same principle. Thermal lenses are made of 2 layers of polycarbonate with an air gap between them.

So double glazing for goggles then bright candle

• Supporters

ESS make thermal lenses for their goggles already, I have one in my profile turbofans, they won't make any for their glasses though... what's the point? Air can get in on either side so the whole premise of having 2 panes of plastic is negated.

ESS make thermal lenses for their goggles already, I have one in my profile turbofans, they won't make any for their glasses though... what's the point? Air can get in on either side so the whole premise of having 2 panes of plastic is negated.

i have to disagree, eyeshields fog just as easily because they sit so close to the face (especially with prescription inserts)

• Supporters

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read about these a while back on a US forum. A guy was using then in some ess fan goggles. Pretty much fog proof apparently...

• Supporters

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read about these a while back on a US forum. A guy was using then in some ess fan goggles. Pretty much fog proof apparently...

Yep, the combination of the fan and the thermal lenses makes them pretty fog proof :)

I've tryed almost all of their glasses/goggles and I dont like any of them.

Sawfly

Stingerhawk (I didnt own these buddy let me try them. Didn't they also used to be called the wolf-something?)

Hellfly

Bullet ant

Desert locust (Borrowed from a buddy)

And I didnt like any of them.

Not comfortable.

Fogged. Had to take out the foam to stop that in the Bullet ants

Sawfly didn't cover enough of my eyes (Yes I tryed different sizes) and pressed on the sides of my head under a helmet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.