G36C handle/scope fit

Karljohnmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Will a G36C handle/scope fit on other guns?
I'm thinking off putting one on my SR-25.
Has anyone had any experience with them?
It looks like it should work

• Supporters

I just measured mine to check for you. There are 2 problems: 1) the shape of the attaching-flanges is for a simple dovetail, not an offset 90° angle like a Picatinny rail, and 2) it's only 18mm wide. You would be able to file the right shape and width into the front of the carry handle, but not the rear because it's too thin, there would not be enough width left for strength. The only way to overcome that problem would be to glue some aluminium or steel plates to the sides just under the scope and then proceed with the file. You could use a power tool if you had the right shape cutting wheel and, if not, i would try to find someone who does, because doing it by hand with needle files would be extremely tedious.

I do own a ar57, I like ugly guns lol :)

Yeah it'd look odd, but that's what I'm about.

If it wouldn't fit without a lot of work, it'd be a no, and I'll stick to a acog :)

Cheers guys :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.