newbie g36c upgrades

stevil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys, i will probably be using rentals when i go to my first skirmishes, but i have an umarex g36c sportline (non blowback) with a high cap mag that i will be using in my garden and might take with me and i have been looking all over the forum for inspiration.

first on my list is an imax B6 charger to keep the batteries in order, its running on nimh at the moment but would more then likely switch to lipo when it dies

would it be worth fitting a mosfet to such a basic gun? i already have deans connectors in my box of bits that i will be putting on the battery and gun at some point.

i am not a huge fan of the current stock, and would like to fit an adjustable one, i have seen so many my heads spinning, and do many of you guys in the know convert it to the M4 style mag, or keep with the current g36 mags

sorry for so many questions

I hear the magwell conversions are crap and give feeding issues, though i havent tried one myself

Never had a problem with the magwell conversion when I had it on my G36K.

The only reason to use a magwell converter is if you have an M4 as well and want to save on mags. Take it to a site and see how it chrono's. If it is in the 300-350 range and it manages to hit things at a reasonable range, then you're good to go. A mosfet can be a good idea with LiPo Batteries as the trigger contacts will last longer and some mosfets will prevent you using the battery up completely which is a bad thing with LiPo's.

• Supporters

Forget the m4 mag converter, it looks ridiculous.

As for mosfets, you could but to be honest so long ass you're on a 7.4 lipo you shouldn't need one- good choice on the charger, the B6 is very good.

Stocks post a bit more of an issue as there's not much choice for g36s, WE make one called the IDZ, so that's one option. The other is an m4 stock adapter but it looks out of place so wouldn't be my choice.

For the stock you have two options. You can either fit this stock http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152204222-G36-stock.html or this adapter http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152203108-M4-M16-Stock-Adaptor-for-G36.html and fit a buffer tube and any m4/m16 stock you fancy. For the m4 adapter, they are not always going to work very well. I don't have one at the moment so I can't give an honest review. From what I've heard a lot of people have had feeding issues, mag wobbling and the adapter just breaking. If you can get one cheap enough, then try it out and see if it works for you.

thanks a lot for the help, i am looking to getting an IDZ stock as i have heard from a few others too that the M4 stock is hit and miss, and looks weird

i wont be running an M4, i dont feel that comfortable with one and find the g36 fits quite well so will knock the mag adaptor on the head too

the wife is happy as my list of bits is getting a little smaller (for the time being)

thanks a lot for the help, i am looking to getting an IDZ stock as i have heard from a few others too that the M4 stock is hit and miss, and looks weird

i wont be running an M4, i dont feel that comfortable with one and find the g36 fits quite well so will knock the mag adaptor on the head too

the wife is happy as my list of bits is getting a little smaller (for the time being)

Until you decide to start messing with your gear box ;) my partners getting a bit annoyed with the amount of stuff she keeps finding around the house from several guns in different stages of upgrade/repair.

If you look on taiwangun.com there are lots of different G36's with different looks. This will give you an idea of what you can do with a G36. I personally like the look of the ones with the longer railed fore-grip and suppressor that is partially inside the fore-grip. I would add a pic to show what I mean but am at work and this computer won't allow me.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

now that I like the look of a lot

Even better if it had the more solid looking stock. 1st rule of airsoft: Never reduce the list of stuff you want to get :)

stock-gx041a.jpghttp://www.evike.com/products/47790/

There is also this stock by WE which is another different look. It may be more restricting on battery space as you won't fit a battery in the front anymore.

kit-we-g39idz-4.jpghttp://www.evike.com/products/44560/

Then you need the Handguard:

RIS_MTX_MK36C-1-lg.jpghttp://www.evike.com/products/30585/

And then a suppressor. Not sure whether you want left or right handed thread, but you will probably want to check how it fits inside the handguard as well, so that might be best bought on a trip to a local store. There may be cheaper places to get the stuff, evike is in the US and I just used them as an example as that was the place I found that WE stock.

Actually you would want a longer handguard such as http://www.evike.com/products/28870/ so the barrel ends partway along the handguard now I think about it.

the asg slv36 has a good selection of parts to choose it can also accept most upgrade parts (even systema!)

i recommend using asg ultimate parts such as motor and hop ups i am planning to put a tight bore barrel (probably

the madbull python)in later to increase the fps and accuracy. this gun is available on socom tactical for £129 the

retailer also sells almost all asg upgrade parts

ASG_SLV36_01.jpg

• Supporters

Ideally if you're going to fit an aluminium RIS instead of the foregrips you should choose the box like extendible stock, so you can fit the battery in it, because it looks a right pig's ear if you can see the battery and wiring through the holes in the RIS. This is mine:

IMAG1044.jpg

that looks great, i am ever so slightly jealous lol

i think i will be getting that style stock and i love that front guard, definitely on my future shopping list

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.