ello all

stevil

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome aboard. :)

You are almost certainly correct in identifying the Umarex G36C as the pick of the bunch, although in fact there are several Umarex G36 airsoft rifles, of varying sophistication, ranging from ones which replicate the working blowback action of the real thing quite closely, to cheaper ones which are mainly static in terms of replicating the real thing. Umarex, you may be interested to know, own the Walther company, so they are involved with real firearms manufacture and the Umarex G36 is in fact the only airsoft weapon to be seen in my local (real) firearms shop, so they are pretty good and are taken seriously.

The Black Viper one is not terrible, but it is basically a cheapish LPEG (low powered electric gun) featuring a lot of plastic in the internal workings, these are probably not going to last forever. However, having said that, if you like tinkering with stuff, have a look in the 'news' part of the forum for a thread about a new AK12 model becoming available. That new AK12 was made by Black Viper, and on that thread you will see me detailing how I bought one for a bit of fun and upgraded it internally with better workings to turn it into something quite usable.

• Supporters

welcome sir - if ya like it get out there skirmish

(meet new people - and shoot them)

Get UKARA'd and get some more toys - slightly better ones

if you not great at skirmishing like me then nothing beats getting one of the guns working again

(even if you broke 6 others getting there)

yup give the kids the lower end stuff (eye protection is a must btw)

play with the better stuff like Umarex G36 and all that

Alas the cheaper stuff like Black Viper G36 is very similar to Umarex one but is not designed to

come apart as easily - kinda repairable/upgrade but is about £60

Umarex is about £100+ and a more "proper" one that is easier to maintain (open up and work on)

Viper and other cheapo's are plastic gearbox not metal gearbox's - motor that came out of train set - you get idea

(mainly back garden shooting and chuck when they break - but can be repaired if ya really need to)

Yup I waffle the most on here......

Get out there - skirmish - get ukara - buy some decent stuff easily and cheaply once ukara'd

don't cost much - unless like me you just keep buying - yeah if ya get the airsoft bug it can be very infectious

welcome anyway m8

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.