Ares SA VZ.58 Assault Rifle

SgtTalbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Never hear good things about Ares so quite disappointed that it's Ares that are bringing out the two variations of the Ares SA VZ.58 Assault Rifle.

Loved the rifle platform ever since it appeared in Strikeback.

Lets hop they did a good one this time OR you are able to rip the guts out and start over.

post-4358-0-53750000-1417785202_thumb.jpg

Ive noticed that a lot of the Ares "reviews" and opinions given are hearsay, if that helps. Ive seen about 12 ares guns in the flesh and their owners are extremely happy with them and have been over 4-7 months (fortnightly) use (depending on person). I know Ares used to have issues, but I think they have come a long way recently. Im in fact selling my VFC M4 to get a couple of them.When I came to looking myself, I asked for opinions, and got "their crap, bad internals, etc... " then I asked how many of those people had actually owned one, used one, handled one or looked inside one... None but 2, had. And one of those 2 had been inside it upping the power... SO that leaves me with a single bad experience!

If you like one, get one. Odd models in every series have quirks and maybe issues, so find solid evidence of the specific fault, but dont listen to the blanket "ares = useless"

Don't care, I'm having one.

Been after a vz58 of some description to go with all my czech gear. Only other option would be to get a custom body kit made for an AK. Hopefully they've built this to take AK mags and parts :D

I really do want to get one, like you said, hopefully all the Ares bad mouthing is just Chinese whispers from people who have had one then multiplied across the interweb.

However, should the internals turn out to be crap, hopefully you can gut it and replace the lot << I don't know whether Ares builds allows for this or if they use their own design specs - real shame if so as that would put me off should the reviews come back as subpar

I honestly cant state either way, but common sense would suggest that theres absolutely no reason on earth to use propritry parts on a mass produced unit. Why go through the expence of designing, testing, tooling and manufacturing gears, tappet plates, etc, etc, etc... When you can just call a supplier and have however many delivered... Lets face it, probabally the same ones you have been using for the last few years, and already have hundreds of...

There may be a special arrangement, if you design needed it, but you would strive to keep as many common parts as humanly possible, to keep costs down to a minimum. So your V3 box (or whatever this uses) may have certain casting differences, or special modifications based on design, but ultimately and in all likelyhood, wont differ internally

My ics l85 has a unique gearbox and hop unit because it was otherwise impossible to keep the external dimensions the same.

• Supporters

I'd love to get one of these, but I have an Ares L1A1, which has not been messed about with at all, but has been a pig from day 1. I'll be waiting to see what people who buy them say, but TBH, since I almost certainly will want to upgrade it internally for fast trigger response, unless it is standard V3 and AK compatible, I'll also be waiting to see if airsoftpro.cz bring out any upgrade parts for it (as they used to supply a Vz58, but it has been discontinued as far as anyone can tell).

Only other option would be to get a custom body kit made for an AK. Hopefully they've built this to take AK mags and parts :D

The VZ.58 may look a bit like an AK variant, but in fact it is quite a bit different from one internally. Of course much of that doesn't matter with airsoft guns, but the VZ.58 is a bit smaller than an AK, so an AK gearbox might not physically fit in a shell of a VZ body of the correct size.

Here's a very good comparison video for those interested in the differences:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.