stinger stock question

Karljohnmason

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all :)
I'm wanting to put a stinger stock on my AR57.
The AR57 is rear wired, lipo in the stock tube.
Am i going to have to rewire the whole thing?
Or is there room for the lipo?

this is the stock. Ive been told it cant be done with out rewiring the gun. ive seen it done with a veitnam mag in the mag ewll, but i was hoping to avoid doing that :/$_35.JPG

yeah true :) one of the things i like about the ar57 is the empty mag well :)

that was a thought i had :)
got to start measuring things if I want to pull it off :)

• Supporters

I have a tiny Turnigy Nano Tech LiPo battery (25-50C 950mAh 3S 11.1V / 71.5mm x 25mm x 20.5mm) for sale in the Classifieds (about 2 weeks old, never used). It may well fit inside that stock, or diagonally into a magwell. I looked at those tanker stocks when i was considering what to put on my Franken-AK build but I couldn't find any pics which showed the rear of the compartment unscrewed, but it does look as if a threaded cap is meant to come off. Naturally you would have to drill a hole to fit the cable through if there isn't one next to that long bolt. Also I have no idea if the AR57 gb can take 11.1V without upgrade...

cheers guys :)
all the help i can get on a project is much appreciated :)
it is looking like i might have to rewire it so the battery sits in the mag well if i want to change the stock

• 7 years later...
On 30/11/2014 at 12:14, Karljohnmason said:

yeah true :) one of the things i like about the ar57 is the empty mag well :)

Seen one or too of the AR-57 with the G36 scope rails on, looks ace! Do you still have yours?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.