gaming pc build

team flex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right scrap that, just uploaded all the photos but I actually hit the limit, even with photobucket and cba to do it any more, so just check out my photobucket, all the pictures there

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/getonmylvl123/library/?sort=3&page=1

ok right, so I just need to know what you think of this in terms of cable management and looks. Not that much red, but when the bright red corsair vengeance ram comes it will make the build look more red

ALSO: in the first few pictures the motherboard looks like it has something sticky on it. Is this normal? just some glue or something

P2186989_zps5s3d88oi.jpg

P2186990_zpscjwsjpdy.jpg

P2186992_zpsuotcseh2.jpg

P2186993_zps06ooqmdg.jpg

P2186994_zpsvtpvdhjm.jpg

P2186995_zps7iobcnj1.jpg

also shame there is so much foam back here, means it is very hard to put the side panel on. and the dents :(

P2186996_zpson2q4cxl.jpg

thanks guys :)

Looks fine to me. One thing I always do it route the front panel connectors under the motherboard before I put the mobo in. Just to make it extra tidy. But looks good. :)

sounds good, going to re check everything but hopefully it will be up and running tomorrow :D PC MASTER RACE HERE I COME! TF2 500FPS XD

:D, I have one problem though. The 24pin power connector won't go in. Literally, i feel like I am going to break the mobo as it is flexing a lot... but the click won't happen, it's nearly there, what should I do, it's definitely in tight

If it to tight then pull more of the cable thought the cut out to take stress off the cable. If it's still to tight. you can route the cable were the harddrives plug in from. (Will upload pic so you know what I mean.)

ok, i have tried but still doesn't work, will try the hard drive thing. The gaming 5 was not built for the h440, the sata, and also the usb 3 cables are next to the routing cable, where it bends in meaning there is like no easy way of putting them in.

I bent the usb 3 pins, nearly cried lol but seemed to bend them back and then managed to put the cable in, hopefully it works but damn I spent 30 mins just trying to put it in got me sweating lol

Yeah dont worry about bending pins too much (Unless it's your CPU then you should start crying) I have bent the pins on the USB 3.0 header to. Just bend them back and all is good. If it doesn't click on all the way. Put its still in fully you should be grand. really no way to tell until you can post it.

will try, though i was practically sitting on it and nothing was happening. Right just checking everything now. God, 8 pages lol, damn i know how to spam. Worst part is no post count :D

right, got the ram and turned on but the guy who was giving me windows 8.1 doesn't work, so deciding to use ubuntu until windows 10 comes out....

Oh well, ubuntu looks nice

Eh? so you mean you didn't get a copy as expected, or you haven't managed to install it?

right, got the ram and turned on but the guy who was giving me windows 8.1 doesn't work, so deciding to use ubuntu until windows 10 comes out....

Oh well, ubuntu looks nice

Shame, be better off with windows 7 anyways! I think pretty much every windows 8 pc i've dealt with i ended up putting a start-menu back on it and disabling the metro crepe

i wouldn't touch 10 until it's been out good 6 months.

Ubunto is great, till you want to do anything with it and realise the horror of the command lines. I brought the wrong OS when I built mine and had Ubunto installed as a temporary measure. Installing the OS was easy but past that I did not even bother trying to install anything and just used it as a browser. Get a copy of windows ASAP unless you really want to learn how to use Linux.

Ubunto is great, till you want to do anything with it and realise the horror of the command lines. I brought the wrong OS when I built mine and had Ubunto installed as a temporary measure. Installing the OS was easy but past that I did not even bother trying to install anything and just used it as a browser. Get a copy of windows ASAP unless you really want to learn how to use Linux.

yep, downloading it all now, btw how is it for gaming?

• Supporters

yep, downloading it all now, btw how is it for gaming?

Ubuntu specifically or Linux in general?

Doesn't matter NODOBY writes games for Linux. Seriously.

Ubuntu specifically or Linux in general?

Doesn't matter NODOBY writes games for Linux. Seriously.

yeah, I see you need double the amount of things to run with. I think i will get ready with the linux and then add windows on :P

• Supporters

yeah, I see you need double the amount of things to run with. I think i will get ready with the linux and then add windows on :P

WWhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

Unless you're considering a career in developing pissy little apps to run on a Raspberry Pi that you can use to impress both the other people on Facebook that give a crap Linux is POINTLESS. Save yourself the grief of trying to dual boot your machine and just BUY A COPY OF WINDOWS!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.