Buying a WE SCAR.

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm intending to get myself a WE SCAR GBB in the next couple of months and I'm trying to decide how much to spend and where to get it from. At the moment Taiwan Gun have it on offer for around £160, plus postage. But Milspec Solutions do one with NPAS and I think an upgraded bolt for around £280. Although they are out of stock at the minute.

I know I'll probably need to switch out the bolt carrier at some point, I've seen a bunch of reviews that say this will fail eventually, and an NPAS kit would be beneficial if I'm going to use the gun on game days. So the question is, is it worth getting the gun from Taiwan Gun and switching out the parts as they fail, or better to pay the extra £120 for the Milspec gun, when back in stock? Also, anyone who has a WE SCAR, on average how long will the stock gun last before bits start to fail? I'm more of a collector, than a full time skirmisher. Due to work and family I only get to play once or twice every few months, so I'm thinking Taiwan Guns may be okay.

Any thoughts.

I don't know much, but that seems to be a very good price for it, and I asked a question like this a while back and most of the gas users suggested buying the gun and using it until it breaks, and then upgrading the parts. That would be my choice...

Buying a GBBR from someone who knows how to put them together properly will pay off in the long run, it is also far cheaper to buy one that has already had upgraded parts put in than buying and adding as you go along, Iain may not be the cheapest but he has massive wealth of knowledge etc, don't scrimp when buying a GBBR, you'll regret not spending a bit more and getting the RA tech bits from the outset

• Supporters

I wouldn't bother with the Ra-Tech one, their parts arent of the highest quality and often cause more issues than they solve. Buy it stock, replace nozzles when they break (it's a gbbr so they're basically disposable anyway). Get the ra tech stock plate though, the standard WE one will end up breaking.

Thanks guys. I think I may just buy the stock gun and replace the bits when they fail. As I said I'm more of a collector and don't get to play as much as I'd like because of family and work. So the chances are I'll only get to use it 3 or 4 times a year in between using my AEG's.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.