Any experience with these goggles?

ronin677

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boll%C3%A9--TRACKER-coatings-anti-scratch-anti-fog/dp/B008QBHGHU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1414620538&sr=8-11&keywords=bolle+glasses+yellow

I am thinking of getting a set of these. I've got normal Bolle glasses at the moment (think normal shooting glasses) but they fog up even using cat crap. I primarily play a sniper role at my games now and use a full ghillie suit. The peaked base cap for my hood restricts airflow slightly around my eyes and this is causing the glasses to fog quicker than would be expected.

What are people opinions of these Bolle glasses that I found

I like my trackers, they have good quality lenses and with cat crap they are fairly fog free.

But then I don't restrict airflow around them. I would suggest thas the issue and will continue to be an issue with any glasses. You can't beat science.

You could try much more open glases such as the bolle silium, It's a compromise, in terms of coverage, but they still offer quite good protection.

With cat crap again I have used them in the rain and it IPSC with no fogging problems.

• Supporters

I tried some Bolle Cobras - not the same, but no doubt with the same anti-fog properties.

The anti-fog works, but it does not stop liquid condensation accumulating on the interior of the lenses, which is a ball ache for sniping in a counter sniper role, since you're looking for camouflaged people in cover... I can only use them for about 30mins before the distortion makes me depressed.

Mesh is the way forward for fog free, or ESS Turbofan goggles.

Having tried the Bolle Raiders and tried just about everything to try and stop the rainout I gave up and now use Desert Locust + fan. If there is no airflow its going to fog, these closed goggles just don't work well at all, you need that forced air flow.

• Supporters

I was looking at these last night. I'm not sure what eye pro to go for I'm a bit worried I get some that won't stop a BB.

Even the shittiest Army of 2 knock off mask will stop 'a' BB - it's the once a year when you get rinsed full-auto to the face that you need to guard against; that and falling over something because you can't see where you're going.

You will probably have to go through several types before you find ones which work well for you, unless you can try before you buy to find out what shape/s fit your face properly - then it's just finding the right mesh or the right anti-fog regime. But the truth is that, without a fan, it will always be a compromise between safety and vision...

I tried mesh and ended up with a fragment in my eye on the first game. Then I tried the Bolle raiders and they fogged badly almost immediately (it was really hot this summer so I was sweating like a terrorist in an airport) and I messed around with inserts and all the recommended anti fog wipes etc. End result was I just couldn't get it to work, search for my name, Bolle Raiders and you'll find a big thread where I go through my trails and tribulations with those darn goggles. The Desert Locusts + fan are mostly OK. I still had some rainout today and I did have to let it clear a few times today but that was mostly my fault for forgetting some kitchen towel which I use to clean the sweat off them with between games. I am also running low on the Desert Locust anti fog solution which so far has been pretty effective when combined with the fan.

I actually wish the fan was a bit bigger and more powerful, another 50% air flow would probably solve my issue with fogging completely, but as I have it now its mostly not a problem. I really do recommend the fan goggles they have basically solved the issue for me without any compromise in safety. The level of issue I have is nothing like before, although in a long game (all afternoon today) I did start to have problems at the end.

• Supporters

I tried mesh and ended up with a fragment in my eye on the first game.

Which is a bummer - but it didn't actually do you any harm, did it? If it did, I'll guess that you rubbed your eye before rinsing it with water to get the fragment out...

I'm definitely heading towards thinking fan goggles are the way forward though.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.