Gun drawing too many bb's

EvilSmoothie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

We recently went on holiday in blackpool and ended up buying a few spring action bb gun's to take home just for a bit of fun shooting some home made targets. They were marked up "C6" have a metal top at least and have galaxy written on the handle. They seemed ok until we put more than say 6-7 bb's into the magazine. The magazine is clearly capable of holding much more - probably around 15. However with anymore than about 5 bb's in the magazine whenever you cock the gun it draws too many bb's in causing a jam. Normally it will just draw two in but sometimes it draws in several.

Any ideas what is causing this? Is it likely to be the cheap bb's that came with it or have we just bought some cheaply made knock off guns that are fit for the dustbin?

Many Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Any ideas what is causing this? Is it likely to be the cheap bb's that came with it or have we just bought some cheaply made knock off guns that are fit for the dustbin?

Aaron

Sadly it seems likely you're right on both counts, particularly if more than one gun is doing it.

cheap springers gonna cheap spring.

I'm guessing when you load more BBs the spring pressure gets too high, possibly widening the mag or otherwise jamming it. just load them with 5 bbs / mag and enjoy your plinking!

Thanks for the reply guys. I have ordered some quality bb's - bulldog 5mm .20 bb's from amazon, about £7 for 2000 (Hopefully that's a going rate?). Having posted this i went back and had another look. If I hold down the spring whilst loading bb's it seems that some seem to just fall into the mag where some need to be pushed into the mag. With this it seems highly probable to me that the bb's are of such poor quality that they are all different sizes and the smaller ones will just keep popping into the gun until a bigger one gets to the top! Fingers crossed this fixes it for me. I had a look at it doesn't appear to be widening the mag or putting any great amounts of pressure on it.

I will be disappointed as we bought 4 of the damn things if they don't work but they were just for a bit of fun with the family and if I have to just put 5 in a time then so be it, no sleep lost.

Cheers Guys

bulldog aren't quality lol. They overcharge, and have airbubbles and consistencies all over them.... DON"T BUY THEM!!! :D

well, when you say they don't all go into the mag, thats a problem with the BB's then. if some go in and some don't then, that means they are not all the same.

BTW, the bulldogs will probably work in your gun, but if you buy a much more expensive one I recommend buying some better BBs, other than bulldog lol

bulldog aren't quality lol. They overcharge, and have airbubbles and consistencies all over them.... DON"T BUY THEM!!! :D

well, when you say they don't all go into the mag, thats a problem with the BB's then. if some go in and some don't then, that means they are not all the same.

BTW, the bulldogs will probably work in your gun, but if you buy a much more expensive one I recommend buying some better BBs, other than bulldog lol

Do'h! As I said it's just for fun I don't need super accuracy or anything like that - Just want them to fire out of the gun one at a time haha. For future reference what would you recommend for the future? I read a few sites that said bulldog were a good quality bb, clearly I have no idea what i'm doing :(

The BB's are defiantly a problem and clearly different sizes. They all go into the mag - but some just drop in and others need to be pushed in. From my limited experience I would expect them to need to be pushed in using a small amount of pressure and not to just drop into the mag without needing to push them at all.

yes mate, ASG blasters are fine but cheap. In the general discussion I believe there is a thread on this, give that a read in terms of bbs.

Bulldog are sold by all the BBgun websites. - these people are crap, they overcharge on items, and don't fulfill their warranties, and lie about their crap guns. So yeah, you were lucky in that you didn't spend £50 on one of the websites. A lot of people who got into airsoft got in this way and lost money because of it :) a mate did exactly that.

• Supporters

Unfortunately the reason this is happening is because the gun is a POS. If you are having a laugh with it as is, fine. Don't go spending good money on better BB's because it will still be shite. Buy yourself a decent starter AEG, like a G&G Combat Machine from Pro Airsoft Supplies, or a CYMA CM.028A / or .028U AK-47, some eye protection, some boots, in fact read this, then put your hideous springer away in the attic until you get good at airsoft. Then take it out and carry it as a back up back up (at least that's what you tell people) and when you see an opportunity to pop someone point blank, when you can sneak up on them and proper pwn them, draw your POS, pwn them, then wave it in their face to rub it in...

Unfortunately the reason this is happening is because the gun is a POS. If you are having a laugh with it as is, fine. Don't go spending good money on better BB's because it will still be shite. Buy yourself a decent starter AEG, like a G&G Combat Machine from Pro Airsoft Supplies, or a CYMA CM.028A / or .028U AK-47, some eye protection, some boots, in fact read this, then put your hideous springer away in the attic until you get good at airsoft. Then take it out and carry it as a back up back up (at least that's what you tell people) and when you see an opportunity to pop someone point blank, when you can sneak up on them and proper pwn them, draw your POS, pwn them, then wave it in their face to rub it in...

I do have friends that do airsoft properly and they have kitI can borrow. I will go along with them soon and see how it goes and you ever know if I enjoy it enough i will go out and get a proper shooter, however for now it's just for having a bit of fun and a laugh.

I just read through that link you posted and it looks top stuff - thanks!

EDIT:

New BB's arrived today and the problem is completely gone, now works as expected. Thanks for all your responses.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.