Advice for Sr -25 Dmr

MattLadford

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi i am seeking some advice, i have played maybe 8 games of airsoft so far i have an mp5 at the moment and do really like it but i have always been the guy how runs around on his own and is stealthy so i tryed sniping in the last two games i played and really enjoyed it but i didn't really like using a bolt action sniper. So i was planning on getting a dmr and mounting a scope. I have looked into it and was planning on getting the SR - 25 but the problem is it has full auto and shoots at about 420 fps which is way over UK limits(for full auto), so i was wondering if i could make it so it only fires semi auto and would that fit the fps limit for the UK?

Thx

I can't remember if the general limit for DMRs is 400 or 450 but check with your local site. I think the 20m MED applies to them as well and it has to be fixed to semi. I'm not sure exactly how you do it but you will need to do other work and upgrades to a DMR to make it any good. AFAIK an out of the box DMR is nothing special, just a normal AEG internally.

Yes i am sure it was a SR - 25 thx for the help, also then can anyone recommend a AEG rifle that comes semi auto straight out of the box and give a link if there is one thx.

yeah, check your sites limit, and med. For instance, most sites are 400-450 fps, however where I play the limit for bolt actions is 400 (like wtf?!) and so there are no point in DMRs. that said, the site I go to is very laid back, which is a bad thing in my view although mainly regulars and rentals go which is ok. So yeah check out the limit, and do you know what your gun you used was called?

OK thx the sniper i used was a well warrior l96, i did enjoy using the bolt action but got very frustrated when i missed like 2 or 3 shots in a row on a moving target. I know that airsoft snipers arn't like real snipers accuracy wise.

OK thx the sniper i used was a well warrior l96, i did enjoy using the bolt action but got very frustrated when i missed like 2 or 3 shots in a row on a moving target. I know that airsoft snipers arn't like real snipers accuracy wise.

yeah, they can be very accurate. .20s would explain why, you should at least use .30s, maybe even more, who knows?

And also if you want a very good sniper rifle be prepared to spend a lot of money on upgrades. A mate got a VSR, (known to be the best sniper rifle platform) and was only happy with it accuracy and range wise once he had spent close to £700 on it. And even with an sr-25, be prepared for gb upgrades, tbb, mosfets, batteries, all sort of things

Also another problem with getting a bolt action is the minimum range shooting distance meaning i would have to get a pistol, are use my mp5 which would way be down a hell of alot. Any advice about this. And thx for the ggr25 i have had a look and i would rather not spend 340 pounds on a gun and then have to upgrade it as i am only 18 and only work weekends.

Ok thx alot for the help. also what would be a good website to buy a gun from(reliable, price, service etc.) I would be willing to spend about 400 pounds on a rifle(which upgrades) but then i would also most likely have to buy a side arm which could be another 120 pounds, could you give me some advice on this pls, much appreciated.

well, to be honest your going to need to do a few mods, but better to talk to someone who knows more, maybe post a question in the quick questions thread about what mods that would need to be done.

Pistol wise check out Tokyo marui, they make the best pistols available, and although the slides are plastic, they are much more gas efficient, accurate and very well made. Some people claim they can hit up to 40+m with them, pretty much as good as a normal aeg.

If you have £120 to spend on a pistol, yeah definitely look at Marui. I think Airsoft Zone seems to stock a lot of them.

Or alternatively something like a WE Gen 4 Glock. I'm looking at getting one from TaiwanGun (a Polish company) for £85 + an extra magazine for ~ £18. They recently increased how much you have to spend for free shipping but the gun has 17% off right now.

The thing is with dmrs theirs very little point buying a dmr if other aegs can shoot further.

I had a sr-25 and i had to upgrade it to the max and spend £350 on it but the range was silly far i used this guide to help me

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/892-holy-grail-building-your-dmr-aeg.html

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.