The best tactical AK74 out there?

Gargamel

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Is Lct 145 eur better then Cyma?

No.

I thought so. Better to go with Cyma and still have something left for accesories and really make a good looking and shooting gun.

Can anyone talk about externals of Cyma? What is not good/is good? Anything ratles, breaks easy or feels cheap? I hate guns that create noise when you move them (covers that dont fit) or magazines with moving BBs.

We are talking about CM048a version.

• Supporters

The only thing about the externals of a CM.048A which may piss you off is the side mount. It moves less than 1/2 a millimetre, which translates into 2-3mm movement in a sight mounted to it. It doesn't rattle though or move on its own, you have to push it, and it returns to its original position so it doesn't matter as far as a red dot sight holding zero goes.

The CYMA ergonomic pistol grip feels fine in the hand and all the ones I've seen do not have excessive mould seams - the texture looks good also. The polymer used for the RIS handguards is good quality and holds accessories well, however the side rails (like the real steel) are pretty small and bolted on so it may not be a good idea to fit a sling mount to one - not that you need to: there is a steel sling mount on the barrel which is positioned just fine for 2 or 3 point slings.

The steel black on my CM.048 has generally resisted scratches well, so far, and i'm not gentle with my guns. The tips of the heads of the rivets have worn silver, but that's about it. Bear in mind that's after being slung in a bag with my SVD or another AK, not just being skirmished.

Side mount with scope on moves when running with the gun or aiming? When i put the gun up to aim and shoot i'll see movement of the scope?

I thought i'll use extra rails for the top battery cover and have scope there. Does battery cover move also (it did on E&L)?

I'm not worried about scratches..it's Ak, it should be scratched :D

All i want is really solid gun that feels right and shoots well and i'll be able to upgrade it with accessories. If i can get that with Cyma, great. Otherwise i'll have to pay a lot more for LCT.

• Supporters

Side mount with scope on moves when running with the gun or aiming? When i put the gun up to aim and shoot i'll see movement of the scope?

I thought i'll use extra rails for the top battery cover and have scope there. Does battery cover move also (it did on E&L)?

Not when aiming, no. You have to push the scope to make it move. This is the type of mount i am talking about:

IMAG0348.jpg

...the rail which comes attached to the side of the receiver, which this kind of mount attaches to, is not 100% solid.

But, in use, it is not a problem. It does not move unless you press it. When you press it, it moves a little, but it springs back, so you do not lose the sight's zero.

• Supporters

Oh, and the top cover is solid - it does not rattle.

• Supporters

You know what is a real bummer? They were in stock at the start of this conversation :lol:

• Supporters

They will get some in stock again soon.

There have probably been a few hundred lurkers reading this thread and thinking, "Hmmm, CM.048A... didn't know they did a tactical AK-74, just the wood version and the AKM version... must have one now!"

airsoftcentre.eu - i have never used them before, so i cannot recommend them, but they have the gun you want.

Edit: they have literally just gone out of stock! I went back to check the shipping price and now they've sold out :lol:

Edited by Ian_Gere
bummer

• Supporters

Have you seen the Real Sword Type 56-2?

I did. Very nice. I would put a RIS handguard on though. But wooden with RIS in front just looks badass. Ah well, such a good looking and expensive gun but then someone shoots you with Cyma and you can't even throw it at him, because that would scratch it or break it :)

• Supporters

I didn't realise you like woodwork - those RIS gas tubes are not very expensive. Have a look on ehobbyasia.com.

• Supporters

To be honest, you rarely get hit for tax on parts, which come from HK or mainland China - for me the average is about 6/7 packages get through, without being touched by UK Customs. That may vary, if you are somewhere else, of course. My guess is that, the volume of parcels coming from the far east, is so large, that they just do not have the manpower, to deal with them all.

I have used extra punctuation, to divide ideas up, so that Google Translate will work better.

Edit: but you almost always, get charged tax, on guns. You could retrofit the RIS gas tube, to another AK...

Edited by Ian_Gere
guns

Two best looking so far (for the price of LCT or less):

- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/lct-lckm-nv-aeg-real-assembly-ver-1.html#.VE-DIBbvjYY

- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/lct-g-03-nv-aeg.html#.VE-DJRbvjYY

Which one would you have? I know it's AK74 vs. AK47, but both look damn good.

Too bad, they have only express delivery available and its 200$ to my country :(

• Supporters

They are both great looking guns - I could not choose between them!

I was talking about the gas tube RIS - here. Unfortunately it is out of stock also :lol: but you can get it on eBay.

fire-support.co.uk have 2 G-03 NV's in stock and 2 TX-63's also...

Do you know if these Lct's have any better internals as basic Lct models? They cost more then standard Lct range. Or is it just because of special model version?

Special model version,which has a smaller production run than your regular AK74 Variants. All LCT NV guns come with this gearbox:

LCT-RPK-Gearbox-Exploded-MEME-1.jpg

I've already said my thoughts on it,but recap- Weak piston and motor,decent gears and nice bushings(Not super strong but well made and mesh well),very good air seal parts,hop up units can be dodgy(like Ian's experience) Gearbox shell is probably the prettiest and one of the best cast ones I've seen

Do note newest LCT guns come with red pistons which are far stronger than the VFC ones before,but I doubt the ones at FS have them. Pistons are easy to replace anyway,no big deal and the stock one should last to not piss you off,though the poor AOE does concern

• Supporters

The motor does not affect the FPS. A weak motor gives a poor trigger response time (the milliseconds between pulling the trigger and the gun firing). It may also result in a lower rate of fire, however once the motor is turning, it may run at an acceptable speed, so full-auto fire may not feel too slow.

You must understand that when we (at least Unrustle_T_J and I), are comparing the performance of guns and/or specific parts of guns, we are comparing them to the performance, of custom upgraded and tuned guns, plus the best parts available at sensible prices, that we know of. The truth is that no 'off the shelf' guns, would get our stamp of 100% approval.

But you may very well be happy with what you get out of the box. It is only after you upgrade a gun yourself, or pay a gun-tech to do it for you, or borrow a well set up gun, that you may feel disappointed with a stock gun. I feel very sure, that you would not be disappointed by the performance of one of the CYMA CM.048 range, but the externals are not as good as LCT, especially the woodwork. I have some doubts about the performance of LCT guns, out of the box, but I doubt you would be disappointed straight away - and the externals are definitely very nice. But hey, if you want a pretty gun, out of the box, you will have to pay more for it.

But if you want pretty and good performance, you will have to upgrade something. The choice then, is whether to buy a cheap gun, and spend your money upgrading the externals and a few internal tweaks; or buy expensive and replace a few key internal parts. If you want the holy grail, great externals and great performance*, you will need to replace and/or tune almost all the internals, of almost any gun you buy, and you will also need to either start with a very nice looking gun, or spend a lot of money on replacement parts, and/or a lot of effort refinishing the externals you have.

*60m head shots, first shot, raising the gun to your shoulder from muzzle down, with an AEG firing 0.25g BB's @310FPS

Edit: and if you do spend €500 on a gun, and another €350 on upgrade parts/work, you will still get shot by some 14 year old with a €100 G36 :lol:

Edit: and if you do spend 500 on a gun, and another 350 on upgrade parts/work, you will still get shot by some 14 year old with a 100 G36 :lol:

You say it like it's a bad thing. Could well be me :D

Wait, ik gargamel lives in a different country, never mind lol

Edit: and if you do spend €500 on a gun, and another €350 on upgrade parts/work, you will still get shot by some 14 year old with a €100 G36 :lol:

I get it. At least i'll go down in style :)

Hard to choose. From one point i would like a gun that looks great, because that gives you that feeling that you just want to grab it, shoot it, work on it etc...

But of course breaking a bank to get it means i'll need to pay big bucks for the parts and accesories too and when i hit a tree with that gun it will hurt a lot more :)

You all say that best low to middle priced AKs are Cymas from CM048 and up. E&L which i already had was very good from the outside but lemony on the inside so guess i have no choice at the end. Cyma and add some mods to it.

Ian, your "60m head shots, first shot, raising the gun to your shoulder from muzzle down, with an AEG firing 0.25g BB's @310FPS" sound scary. my local field Airsoft team needs to shoot A LOT of BBs to hit someone. The name of the game is just put the gun in auto and spray BBs around.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.