Flashbang grenade accessories, what's your thoughts?

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Oops... forgot the field report :wacko:

I attached my 2 to my belt, because I run webbing not a vest. I found that the angle I was pulling from caused the velcro to come undone, so I used a cable tie to hold the 2 of them together and the velcro locked. I found that they held the MK5s plenty tightly enough, even when i used my sniper veil which gets tangled up on my gear very easily, because it's basically a modified piece of camo net, about 80x130cm-ish.

In use they make deploying a MK5 a lot faster - I did only use them twice, but both times i was able to get the bang out, lit, and thrown with a lot less fuss than i'm used to. TBH I think that i need to practice to be able to take advantage of just how quickly i could do it. The 2nd throw I went for cover while i pulled and lit it, but truth be told I could have not bothered, which would have given me a 1-1.5s time with the lit bang to concentrate and get my aim better - it did serve the purpose of making the opposition dive for cover so that a team mate could advance to shoot them point blank, but if i had thrown it better i could have got them both...

So in short, they are a game changer.

The only thing that concerns me is that the lighting strip gets burned, so it will wear out faster than using the strip off the side of a box of Cook's Matches (as the striker on the cap often doesn't last long enough to be useful for me). What's going to be the deal with getting more strips, Chris?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review there, Ian... I'm glad they worked well for you. I have to admit, they werent fully tested for non-molle applications but as you say, thats a simple fix for ya. I'll look into something more suited for your application. The strips, I could sell them seperately, if you really wanted... But all they are, are cooks match strips, cut in half, with sticky back velcro added... Nothing spectacular at all... I would suggest building them yourself for cost reduction. Im happy to do it, but paying me for such a simple thing goes against my instincts. lol... That said, If people wish to buy, I'm happy to make.

As to the colours... I have some in black I think left over, although I've had some minor issues with the steel inserts I use as the supplier has changed dimensions. If you would like some in black, Albiscuit, let me know and i'll push harder to get another supplier. As it stands, I have built up all my previous stock of inserts into browns, tans and greens. They seemed to be the most requested colours by far (multicam not withstanding)

I'm hoping to get these made by a 3rd party soon, at a little lower cost to customer with a higher range of colours. I'll keep you all updated, but at the moment, I'm having to spend a lot of time with the hydro dip and kydex as I have a lot of customer orders and display pieces to do.

• Supporters

Oh right, Chris. I thought you might have a supplier of the striker alone, without the matches. If you do get hold of the striker strip on its own, please let me know.

Actually, am turning my loadout from black to green anyway now as a olive/green loadout will work for CQB and woodland for me and help me keep my spending on kit down if I have 1 loadout suitable for both at the moment.

So green 3 please :)

• Supporters

Yeah, £4+P&P for 10 spare strips vs 1 box of Cook's Matches = 8 strips for £1.50-ish from my local Co-Op.

I quite like the look of that rail mounted striker thingy, but I'm not paying £16 for it!

• Supporters

Yeah, £4+P&P for 10 spare strips vs 1 box of Cook's Matches = 8 strips for £1.50-ish from my local Co-Op.

I quite like the look of that rail mounted striker thingy, but I'm not paying £16 for it!

The tango down rail covers with light switch socket is basically the same. Get it from rsov for half that price.

The tango down rail covers with light switch socket is basically the same. Get it from rsov for half that price.

yeah id never pay that either for what i could essentially make at home

• Supporters

I was just going to use the one out of the set that doesn't fit my light switch...

yeah id never pay that either for what i could essentially make at home

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.