Fatknees

electric pistols are they worth it?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.

I've been airsofting for about 2 years now and have decided to invest in a electric pistol,especially with winter around the corner,I love my tokyo Marui 1911 but obviously can't use gas in he winter, soooo I'm looking for feedback on electric pistols really

The CYMA CM.030 Glock 18 is good yeah. Unfortunately upgrades are hard to get hold of and expensive I think. I had a thread asking about them a while back.

Airsoft World did sell a custom LiPo battery which improved trigger response and rate of fire a lot. Only cost a fiver more than the standard NiMh ones IIRC. Sold out though :(

I have a TM G18c and it works great... I bought a couple of extra mags for it from eBay (cyma ones) and I have actually gone out into CQB games with this as my primary weapon and have had some pretty good games with it.

It shoots consistently at about 240fps, which isn't the best in the world but ideal for CQB.

Mags are very small, unless you go for the extended mags, and the range is pretty decent as well.

Downsides? Well, it is non-blow back and the sound it makes is more 'pop' 'pop' than 'bang' 'bang'. It relies on batteries, so you are limited to the charge they hold rather than gas which you can top-up at site.

I have never really considered upgrading as I don't think it is actually worth it, as it works fine just as it is :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and probably forgotten) thread.