quick question on importing metal ak lower

chris555

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

AFAIK since it's just a part -as opposed to a whole RIF- you shouldn't need to put your UKARA number on. That said, if you do have a defence I would say put it on anyway just to be safe and maybe it could speed up the delay if it gets stuck in customs?

Legal or not, ustoms have been known confiscating external parts and requiring UKARA number for them.

Customs do as they please, and it's very hard to do anything about it.

ok i am a registered air soft player and am putting together a ak with parts i bought at war and peace so lets not go there. i will get them to put my ukara number on there and hopefully customs wont destroy it i take it that's all that's needed cheers guys been helpful

well no as buying a RIF people require a UKARA but to buy parts people dont require it. being an airsofter is enough defence to manufacture one. making it possible to get a RIF without UKARA.

why you being so hostile?? do navy personnel not get trained in manners?? you know as well as i do that buying a RIF without UKARA is very hard and importing even harder. the point is you can buy the parts easily with out UKARA and build it yourself, so wind your neck in.

• Supporters

Are you suggesting that at some point there's a PJT for P's & Q's? no.

Buying a RIF from zero-one or fire support without UKARA is a pain in the bum, 90% of other retailers are a bit more sanguine about the whole thing. Not only that, 'very hard' and 'require' are two separate things, stating that you REQUIRE UKARA to buy a RIF is false, completely false on every level. Sure, UKARA greases the wheels but it's in no way a requirement.

When I start spreading misinformation as fact please tell me to wind my neck in, til then I suggest you take a leaf out of your own book.

Ahhhhh my bad, i miss wrote my sentence. you thought when i said that 'well no as buying a RIF people require a UKARA' you thought i meant airsofters. i meant retailers. i didn't mean to say that airsofters need it. either or no need to start getting arsey with me. you could have explained people dont need it and not told me to go educate myself. the navy dont teach it?? maybe you need to learn some then.

To be fair to Mr Cheeseright, that is very unclear given the way you wrote it! It's also still not really true, since retailers (or any sellers) don't "require" UKARA either.

I think what you're trying to say its that it may seem easier to buy parts and manufacture a RIF yourself (since nobody ever seems to run any checks at the point of purchase when you buy parts nor ever checks your defence to manufacture) than to jump through the hoops that some people may require from you in order to buy an already complete RIF. That said, assembling parts is a bit of an arse and I've never had any trouble buying RIFs despite only having been on the UKARA database for about a quarter of the time I've been airsofting, so I imagine it may just come down to personal experience as to whether that's true.

i know its not true that you 'Have' to have UKARA but most sellers require you to have it as its the easiest way for them to cover themselves. thats all i was saying before he kicked off. yes i miss wrote it but it didnt warrant being talked to like an arse.

yes i know you can get rifs in other ways, such as having the shop check on you at a site etc.

lets end this, i know what im talking about and you know what im talking about. we all know the law, lets go get a beer!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.