Shizouka hobby show-TOKYO MARUI GBB M4!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

But... their sector gears and slides don't break from normal use... :ph34r:

Depends on the gun really. Whoever OEMs some of Marui's stuff can be inconsistent quality wise,and let's face it,TM's Monkey metal can be pretty awful at times(See: VSR 10 sears) . Also do note that the featured slides are from the 5-7 and XDM which are known the be weaker than the rest of the line(though I think the 5-7 is mainly piston head related issues)

I've seen a fair bit of,and talked about stripped Marui monkey metal sectors(And their crappy gearsets in general). I mean,their internal parts quality is pretty naff but that doesn't necessarily mean the guns perform badly. This is mostly on the old prolines too. Yes,I know there are 'muh decade old' Maruis which never broke,I owned on myself but after doing a fair bit of tech work now I see the worst they have to offer.

• Supporters

By normal use I'm pretty sure Monty meant under the parameters TM suggest for use.

OOf the examples you mentioned: a stock vsr's sears last ages, if upgraded then yeah they'll blow. Pistol slides? Fine on the gasses they're designed for, if you use green or whatever higher pressured gas then there'll be issues.

Can't comment on the gearsets but I'd bet the majority have had uprated springs or whatever installed, if not that then the user is likely on batteries of a higher voltage than recommended.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.