Shizouka hobby show-TOKYO MARUI GBB M4!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

That M4 looks utterly horrendous... No delta ring or anything? Is it the Boyes line one or what? Can't see people being happy if that's the new GBBR...

• Supporters

No its one of their lines for younger players, between boys and normal aegs. They run of 5 aa batteries but if it runs flat you can still loads it manually by cocking the charging handle which I think is quite a cool idea, 1:1 size rather than the boys' 3/4 size.

The lack of delta ring wouldn't be an issue if it was a gbbr though, it's pretty simple to buy one and add but these days more people are using rails without delta rings anyway.

The gbbr is the black one in the picture above, looking forward to seeing how that turns out

• Supporters

A TM hi capa aep... Colour me interested!

417, GBB m4, new USP and you're interested in the aep?

Are we just going to ignore the USP and that tan HK45?? :wub:

I quite like the hk45, prefer the m&p in tan though. Was gonna pick up a black one tomorrow from combat south but I'll wait for the tan instead, I've got a WE one on the way in the meantime.

417, GBB m4, new USP and you're interested in the app?

Well... The rifles... Their just rifles. There's a myriad of gbb M4's, and the 417... Well... It's just going to be an excessively large 416. The usp... It's not my style, but it's just a gbb pistol. It will be as good as most other stock gbb pistols... But the aep... That can exactly match my pistol of choice, use the same or close serpa/kydex, same "training" won't be affected by winter and I can carry 5ish mini mags in 1 normal pistol slot. Plus as a backup... 100 rounds in a pistol package with a lipo... That's an awful lot of sidearm. My normal 5 mags, upgraded to hi cap... That's a fully automatic, lighter, 500 rounds, in the bleakest winter... Tactically... That aep has far more going for it than the others I think.

That's one view... Another is that their more accurate, more consistent, hold more rounds, aren't affected by weather, lighter and can run for longer than any gbb equivalent... Plus less seals, valves and gas to pay for.

Here's a quick video for a cyma... Should be comparable...

CYMA 1911 AEP Accuracy Test:

Effective 30m headshots, plus full auto, plus the above... Perfectly viable...

If you look... The guy is standing next to fencing... In the UK, those are spaced about about 9ft apart or 3 large strides... That seems about right. I count 5 of them... That's around 45ft. Now that's firing into the back of a car garage... What's the average garage length in the states? ... In the UK, it's 8x16 for a small one... I'd wagers the US has bigger ones...

That makes that first shot about 61 feet... The fence spacing inaccuracies should counteract the garage differences... So that seems like a perfectly valid distance...

Well... For the price of 1 mag... You'd get either 28 on semi (gas) or 100 rounds on full (elec) ...i bet I'd drop more rounds on a moving target at 30m ;)

In fact... I'd bet the gun on it :D

61 feet is more like 18 metres though.

My glock will reach out accurately to 50m, tested on a measured range at a site.

Not only that, the trigger response on an AEP makes me want to cry... You can almost feel the delay!

The guy also quoted 150ft...45m... Which seemed accurate... So calling it effective at 30 isn't a stretch. Maybe even 40... But past that is what a main is for. I'd sacrifice the 5-10m for consistent, accurate fire and quadruple the mag capacity with no cool down. I've seen loads of gbb fire well at 50m...for the first few rounds... I'll never see one fire a mag consistency

The trigger response... That's a job for lipo and mosfet! :)

You've never seen a consistent GBB pistol? Not been looking that hard then!

They can't be by their very nature. They expel unregulated, variable pressure gas, that's stored in a tiny variable pressure vessel. The first round will be firing at a different velocity than the 10th and 20th round by quite a margin. Then if you run the same experiment the next (hotter or colder) day, you'll get different results again. If you fire off a mag faster or slower... Different again. If you keep your mag in a pocket against on a rig... Different again.

The same gun could run entirety different results based on;

Ammount of rounds fired.

Day performed.

Time of day.

Rate of fire.

That's not consistent by ANY measure, I'm afraid. You take any aep and any gbb and test them (full and semi) at 2pm on a hot summers day and then at midnight in the winter... One will give VASTLY different numbers... In fact, I recon on a winters day, if you dumped a mag... I think that the majority of the time that level of inconsistency would even show such a variance in temp that the gbb would freeze and malfunction.

• Supporters

My WE Glock, which cost me £85 new, is consistent enough to hit a man at 40m without much bother, so long as they're unaware and presenting themselves as a full target of course.

When the weather gets cold I can change gas, either Mapp gas, WE Nuprol 3.0, or CO2 and get the same results. No worries running it all year round, and as a CQB weapon I wouldn't trade the trigger response of a GBB for anything.

Ha! Did you make that one jc? I want to steal it.

Looks like images 'borrowed' from Zero Punctuation with added strap lines...

Still funny though ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.