MP7 Comparison

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Baz, Ares/star and well do an MP7 also.

I'm also lookin at which is the best on the market and so far I think Umarex are looking the best so far, closly followed by TM that is budget aside.

What do you see as the benefits of the Umarex which I think is made by KWA isn't it ?

Also there doesn't seem to be any Umarex in stock anywhere in the UK?

• Supporters

Umarex/KWA are the same gun, just the umarex one is licensed and therefore more expensive.

My vote however goes to the TM, mine's had thousands and thousands of BBs through it and has thus far been rock solid.

That and it's been described as a pocket sniper rifle by those I've played against! Put 0.25s in it and up to 40-45 metres one shot hits are entirely achievable, might take a couple more beyond that distance but the accuracy and range on it are phenomenal.

• Supporters

Didn't think Ares did one? Unless it was an Aep?

I'd go tm, most recoil, best range & accuracy, no need to downgrade and crucially the mags are easy to find whereas the umarex/kwa are very hard to get hold of.

Hi Baz

Umarex are a german manufacturer of airsoft, air rifles etc, based in Arnsberg germany. don't know if they have any ties with KWA.

The nearest place I have been able to find them is Umarex USA thet only have the AEG models in and No GBB. the AEG, starting at $74.90

• Supporters

Hi Baz

Umarex are a german manufacturer of airsoft, air rifles etc, based in Arnsberg germany. don't know if they have any ties with KWA.

The nearest place I have been able to find them is Umarex USA thet only have the AEG models in and No GBB. the AEG, starting at $74.90

The don't manufacture anything, they rebrand other companies stuff and sell it as their own using licenses from real gun companies. However the trademarks they use are often very different to the real thing anyway.

Thanks guys, I was aware that Umarex were a licensing house and that they didn't actually make it.

I hear that as a result if some legal wrangle, TM are no longer putting trades on their MP7.

What gas do you use in your TM ?

Ive read that as the TM is designed for the Japanese market it is a little downrated whereas the KWA is hotter ?

I hear that as a result if some legal wrangle, TM are no longer putting trades on their MP7.

As if that's going to stop them putting trades on it :P

With Tokyo Marui being a Japanese company, I think a threat from H&K will stop them.

My understanding is that none of the TM MP7 production has H&K trades any longer.

Yes I saw that on the Shot Show reviews this year. Im sure it will be good but I dont really want to be one of the first owners and I havent seen it anywhere in the UK yet.

ETA one supplier has them in.

http://www.justcauseairsoft.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=321

• Supporters

A lot of the UK retailer websites state that there are no trades ?

I found this confusing with my HK416, retailers state no trades but as far as I can see it has the same as the VFC on the left hand side of the receiver and is just missing the blurb on the right.

I'm probably missing something though, I'm good at that.

• Supporters

I found this confusing with my HK416, retailers state no trades but as far as I can see it has the same as the VFC on the left hand side of the receiver and is just missing the blurb on the right.

I'm probably missing something though, I'm good at that.

Some of the stuff is blacked out before being shipped over here, more often than not it's not too hard to return to original condition/

• Supporters

Some of the stuff is blacked out before being shipped over here, more often than not it's not too hard to return to original condition/

Perhaps I have just interpreted it differently to what the shops mean. I always assumed they would mean that instead of any trades you get faux armoury designed by the respective airsoft manufacturer. However in reality the only thing missing is the section on the right side of the magwell area that says something along the lines of "Heckler and Koch GMBH made in Germany"

I can't tell if this has just been painted over, although the finish looks the same as the rest of the receiver. Between that section and the fire selector, instead there is a Tokyo Marui etching which is only noticeable up close. Guess what I meant to say is at least to a scrub like me it looks like it does have the trades, when I read that the VFC version has them I assumed all other variants would have none :)

Not that this necessarily rings true across different gun models and airsoft manufacturers of course.

Archived