Umarex H&K 417, or G&G T4-18 gen3?

Big Joe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Pretty much that, price and quality, also 417 mags are stupidly expensive for what they are so bare that in mind too

• Supporters

The VFC has great externals and average internals but has a proprietary gearbox. The G&G has average externals and great internals.

Personally I'd go for the VFC and upgrade as I value the feel of the gun more than the performance as that can easily be changed later for less money.

yer im a complete fan on the 417, i really want one but i also want a m27 as they are both pretty unique and not overly mass produced. the internals are average but the 417 has the 2.2 gear box so its ait different and im not sure about upgrades for it. but i run a VFC SR16 and its about 3 years old and i have only just had to start playing with the gearbox

I like the stock better on the VFC.

The mags are only 100 rounds though because they have the dummy 7.62mm cartridges inside.

Might be worth checking price and availability of spare mags if you are fighting high cappers in a general purpose skirmish.

The V2.2 gearbox comes apart in 3 bits, I think to give you the correct angled grip. I absolutely love mine and I haven't upgraded internally at all. Very nice with li-po's. Great range and accuracy.

Magazines are very large but I run a hi-cap (500 rounds) and that's it! It's not light... Not small but it just works.

Archived