Krylon Fusion and Camouflage go together?

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Stupid but quick question, will Krylon Fusion and Krylon Camouflage paints work together?

Sounds retarded I know but just making sure...

I'm wanting to try MTP / MC paint jobs and found Patrol Base stock the Krylon Fusion 'River Rock' that I need!

in my experience, as an amateur artist and tinker, you can mix any spraypaints.

Do make sure the surface is clean thou, and that you wait for the paints to dry completely.

• Supporters

Fusion is Krylons name for paint mixed with adhesion promoter specifically for plastics. Which basically means you don't need a primer to spray onto plastic stuff (like AEGs for example). As far as I can see though the latest ranges of Camouflage paint include their "Fusion Technology" anyway so you'll be fine.

• Supporters

The problem is the River rock is a gloss paint, that's fine if you then spray over the whole thing with a flat clear coat, but it'll always look a little.... off.

best bet is the fusion flat white and then immediately lightly dust khaki paint on the top, it'll give the same colour, more or less and will also replicate the fading effect the colours in MTP/Multicam have

All of the Krylon paints PB stock have the fusion technology, so don't require a basecoat on plastics. Most of the time, if the metal components have a layer of paint or anodising already, then you can get away without priming them too.

Thanks! I didn't expect any replies today, let alone three very helpful comments so soon!

Dave I'll definitely consider your recommendation, seeing as I've got Krylon Khaki already, but I feel River Rock would probably be useful for more future painting as opposed to just white where I might only use it the once for this project.

Hopefully once I get a job (I'm posting on my dad's account for now) -which probably won't be any time soon since it's way too late for Christmas jobs- I'll have the time any money to experiment more with camouflage designs (and airsoft as a whole)

Once again thanks very much for your help guys :)

• Supporters

River Rock is available as Satin finish which would be a bit closer than gloss but you can get a flat finish clear from Krylon (called Colour Master Crystal Clear) which you could spray over the whole thing once it's finished. That'll make it all look the same.

Archived