Making A DMR! A few questions.

carlymbn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think you should ask your site about limits, DMR limit at our 3 local sites is 425 not 360, that would e the limit for aeg

Also Ian is correct, a DMR is physically locked to semi, it can't be switched to auto in any way and this is normally done by altering the selector plate or the auto bar in the gearbox itself

not exactly, m14's can go full auto in real life and full auto is a very nice feature to have incase the gearbox locks up and everyone know how painful it is to access an m14 gearbox.

If i were to build a DMR, I would always have full auto just incase, which means, where i used to skirmished would mean that you would need to sacrifice fps to below 370 to gain full auto. I am fine with it. But that's my opinion.

M14s were actually classed as a battle rifle, not a DMR unless they were converted with the M21 kits. There were only 6600 M14s converted in that way during the late 60s/early 70s.

And according to Vietnam veterans they were almost impossible to control on automatic, even when firing in short bursts.

• Supporters

not exactly, m14's can go full auto in real life and full auto is a very nice feature to have incase the gearbox locks up and everyone know how painful it is to access an m14 gearbox.

If i were to build a DMR, I would always have full auto just incase, which means, where i used to skirmished would mean that you would need to sacrifice fps to below 370 to gain full auto. I am fine with it. But that's my opinion.

You would lose a significant amount of range and accuracy due to having to use lighter bbs, at a lower FPS you'd be better off with a rifle other than an m14 as they're heavy. Locking up a gearbox isn't common on something like a version 7 anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I don't see any benefit, you'd be stuck with a long awkward and heavier rifle with less range.

• Supporters

WTF is so difficult about this? So there's a fair few bits to take off before you open the shell - whoop-de-do! None of them are fiddly to get back on. In fact there's nothing fiddly at all. If anyone finds version 7 gearboxes difficult, my advice is steer well clear of opening a version 3, or you'll be condemned forever to wander the dark depths of the anti-reversal latch vs trigger paradox universe. I have it on good authority that ver 2's are even worse than 3... dun dun duuuuh!

• Supporters

WTF is so difficult about this? So there's a fair few bits to take off before you open the shell - whoop-de-do! None of them are fiddly to get back on. In fact there's nothing fiddly at all. If anyone finds version 7 gearboxes difficult, my advice is steer well clear of opening a version 3, or you'll be condemned forever to wander the dark depths of the anti-reversal latch vs trigger paradox universe. I have it on good authority that ver 2's are even worse than 3... dun dun duuuuh!

There's guides for disassembling pretty much everything, some people are just reluctant to take stuff apart even with video guides and instructions- I don't really get it either :lol:

the trigger on a version 3 is probably the easiest to put from my experience. And yeh, the anti reversal latch can be a pain, but i have a technique to keep it in place with the gears, so that's no longer a problem :D

• Supporters

the trigger on a version 3 is probably the easiest to put from my experience. And yeh, the anti reversal latch can be a pain, but i have a technique to keep it in place with the gears, so that's no longer a problem :D

Yeah, I have a technique for putting the trigger in last and then poking the ARL so the shell can close - I'll bet everyone has their own knack. My point is that nobody needs a knack to reassemble a ver 7, just the foresight to have placed all the bits radiating out in reverse order...

• Supporters

A DMR in AIRSOFT terms is a semi locked rifle with a higher FPS limit and normally a minimum engagement distance.

Working within normal AEG limits and putting a big scope on an M14 doesn't make it a DMR, it makes it a heavy pain in the ass which has no range/accuracy advantage over anyone else. You might as well buy a combat machine MP5 because it'll shoot just as far.

Archived