Theme Day

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think the plan of taking an AF-UK contingent along to an already happening event is the way forward. Airsoft International do one every year called the Ai500 which is very 'filmsim', teams are denoted by major colour worn (green team / tan team) so everyone's camo preferences can be accommodated, obviously if we took a couple of squads along we'd need to pick a team... green would make most sense as getting surplus DPM gear is so easy and cheap, as well as that the tan team is always oversubscribed by people who only own multicam!

Snag with the Ai500 this year is that it's in Kent and so a looooooong way from a lot of forum members.

Forming a loose 'team' and heading to someone else's event has other advantages too, in that there'd be far less organisation required and everyone involved would be able to play without fear of giving an advantage to their team if they know what's coming next because they wrote the scenario!

• Supporters

Sounds good. I can do all black, DPM or KLMK.

• Supporters

I've already had to write off Ai500 for this year because the NAE cost so much more than I anticipated.

I'm also one of those people who only owns Multicam...

• Supporters

Well camo aside, north of London is one thing, Kent is a whole other kettle of fish.

The site Im talking to is running one today which is why they haven't set the date for the next one yet i.e. they want to deliver this game first.

The uniform code is:

ALPHA TEAM; CAMOUFLAGE Combat Uniform must be worn. Any official camouflage is fine, preferably matching long sleeve Jacket and Trouser.

DELTA TEAM; Dark or Light Coloured Military Clothing (no pattern) long sleeve Jacket and Trouser, preferably the same colour. No Jeans or Sportswear please.

For todays game, the squads are split as follows:

Teams will be split into 3 Squads:

ASSAULT - This is your Soldier Squad, front line troopers!

ENGINEER - These guys build and DEFEND your HQ at all times.

PIONEER - In charge of the Mortars and Detonation devices.

Apart from their encouragement of tripwire and booby trap devices, I like the fact that they also have a mortar and you can call in support by radio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Yeah, it's such a bummer that MAW only run Sunday games.

Archived