Don't You Hate Snipers

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, snipers are more likely to be spotted first than by someone noticing a "floating" arm band. I'd rather let someone know I'm on their team, rather than being shot at by my own team

The best snipers are the ones who hide amongst their own team instead of hiding by themselves in a bush. In doing this you're actually more camouflaged if you wear standard DPMs or whatever, ghillie suits aren't the best way to conceal yourself unless the site you play at has identical foliage in all the game area

• Supporters

That's why a good sniper will add foliage as he moves....

There's not much use in a sniper hiding with their team as one of the most important task for one is to report on what the other side is doing.

Ive noticed that snipers at my regular site dont seem to wear armbands which may explain why my team mates hesitated to shoot him when he approached me.

I appreciate that it spoils their camo but do the snipers in your games where bands ?

I wear my team band all the time. Since I'm not exactly one of those snipers who sits in one place all day, camouflage isn't really a problem for me, since I'm normally mixed in with teammates who are already being shot at. :P

• Supporters

I'm going to write a short novel about my experiences sniping for the first time @NAE13 this weekend, but I'll set the mood...

There was at least one person at Ground Zero on Sunday that hates me! :ph34r::lol:

My sniper rifle can't outrange an AEG but I can have a special playstyle that I just can't do with an AEG. Such as hiding in a bush as I shoot enemies in the back as they struggle to find me :D

I just sneak past people and shoot them from around 30m away. Scope is handy for planning movements and being certain of the shot. If i could I would use Irons and a monocular but It's faster to just use a scope.

The only reason I got a BASR because I just love bolting the gun,I do it melodramatic vidya game styles and it looks and feels cool,especially after a kill or reloading.

Sadly I won't be able to do that for a while since my Rifle is out of action as I broke the trigger mech after falling down the stairs. Another excuse to use my mates LCT AKM!

Archived