Guns, guns and guns!

Maff-7777
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, it's another post where a newbie asks 'what gun should I get'? But lets face it people love talking about their air-soft guns we I hope you all don't mind.

So I'm heading towards the point where I can regisiter with UKARA and I've got that big hurdle to cross... my first gun.

I've already posted with this question, as I rather fancy a bulpup rifle. And from that I'm leaning towards a ICS L85. It's in my budget £300, seems to be a good make and is good-to-go out of the box. Apprently it's tough and upgradeable, andof course looks damn cool. I'm liking the fact it's metal but a little worried it will be too heavy and the selecter switch seems in an akward place.

So I'm having second thoughts. Any one got any ideas for a metal gun (but not too heavy) within the same price range... but not an AK-type? Oh and one that takes M4 mags (probably)

Go on, throw suggestions at me... give me more options and confuse me more.

m.

You could always look at G&G top tech for that sort of money plenty of different models too. Or look at some of the G&P models though a metal rifle will normally be heavier than a plastic one

The selector switch on the L85 has always been there.

• 2 weeks later...

GBBR is not advisable as a first gun, no one makes a particularly good AUG now and they tend to have proprietary mags so picking some up cheap second hand will be a pain, go run of the mill, M4, L85, AK and there are plenty of bits used, G&G top tech hubs are great value as are king arms, great build and awesome out of the box, ICS is pretty good but some internals are purely their own, go to your next game and ask the regulars, get hold of some of their guns and maybe if you're lucky borrow one for a game or 2 and see how you get on

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

If you're definitely going for full metal, have you thought about an MP5? That will be lighter than many full metal guns - ICS metal guns are heavy. Still, so are real steel assault rifles lol!

Or, as Adam says, a G36 - the real steel has a nylon fibre body and a Gen III SRC one is very nice to hold.

Shame you're such a heretic, because AK's are without doubt the coolest assault rifles ever invented :P and ICS make lovely ones... as do G&G and CYMA

I always think its a difficult question and a very personal choice. Its a bit like asking the members what car you should buy.

Ive always noticed that most OPs dont tend to take a lot of notice because they instinctively know what they dont like.

Some people choose guns based on looks and others based on the application such as where they intend to play.

There are lots of guns available on Airsoft - nearly all the variants of real guns are replicated.

Bear in mind when looking at weights, that by the time you add a sight, grips and other extras, this will increase the weight slightly.

When you carry a heavy-ish gun around all day without slings, a few extra grams can make a difference.

I have so much on my four-sixteen now, I feel like Arnie when I take it out.

G&p all the way :) or why not try a gbbr ?

A GBBR as a first gun? Are you trying to burn a hole in his pocket? :P

Archived