Biggest in game mistake for new players

bornleverpuller
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

That's a damn good idea, Baz.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Red vs Green @Skirmish. I try to get a red armband since I put a 16th Air Assault Brigade 13th Air Assault Sp Regiment RLC recognition flash on my DPM shirt - it's a fat square divided diagonally ½ red ½ black, but yeah I've been meaning to put some velcro fuzz on the back of my hydration pouch for a NAE patch. A bit more for something like a red or green skull'n'bones should work out well. Assuming I can find patches I like the look of... and that I get one of those fabled objects, a round tuit, b/c it'll be a real pain to stitch.

Now I've been to a couple I'm noticing that one of the biggest mistakes anyone makes is not being aggressive enough, people have a tendency to stay behind a bit of cover and the poor lad who knows that they need to move towards the objective or they're getting nowhere ends up getting filled in.

What do you do when people on your team refuse to go forward? Is it up to a little group to lead from the front or does bollocking work?

Played for a few years and have nearly seen it all.

Best thing happened last week playing in Spain, it was the last weekly skirmish of the month before we headed home, it was espania vs england everyone was peeved at one Spanish fella who ate everyone's hits and then over killed all the kids after they called hit, I even sent at least 10-15 clear shots into his legs after stalking him, I shouted your mortar "dead" in Spanish, he proceeded to say no mortar, so I leg it with him trying to spray me eating a few hits, me complains to site owner etc etc, also noted the w"""ker is checking his legs in the car park hehe.

So it's now the last game and its a respawn etc which gets close up and painful, I'm laying in wait ready to move on a hill as I move he is coming down the hill I hit him hard with a fully wound mag, he is firing but no hits, I shout no mortar no mortar to him and carry on firing, he then cowers and says mortar mortar by which time I'm so at war I keep firing until he goes mental letting rip at me in a Spanish tirade, bear in mind this was at about 5-6 meters, I was in a state of serious mental condition and have to say what a crazy situation I was in, however the owner ran over and gave the Spanish geezer a massive dressing down for his poor play, I had everyone thanking me for doing him as even the spaniards said he got what he deserved, I may sound out of order but I loved every second of it and was in a heightens state for a bit.

As for newb advice, don't be a camper as your better of getting hit trying to move around, soon you'll learn exactly what to and not to do from your experiences,,,, sox for going on etc, etc

• Supporters

Now I've been to a couple I'm noticing that one of the biggest mistakes anyone makes is not being aggressive enough, people have a tendency to stay behind a bit of cover and the poor lad who knows that they need to move towards the objective or they're getting nowhere ends up getting filled in.

What do you do when people on your team refuse to go forward? Is it up to a little group to lead from the front or does bollocking work?

Mate, it drives me fcuking mental! It generally is worth leading by example and giving mild bollockings. Myself I'm often in a mental state which precludes good sense. When I skirmish, I let my inner nutter off the leash :lol: and yell at people who hang back. It doesn't help!

If you join a group of experienced 'softers who go forward and, when you get hit and regen, tell any of the malingerers that A. they can't hit anyone at that range, B. the team needs their firepower up front, and C. just do it like "we" just did, you'll get some takers. Another good tactic is to talk to people on the walk back and in the safe zone. It's pretty easy for anyone to understand the "battle buddies" idea, where people pair up so that one gives covering fire while the other moves, then vice versa, and even just 4 people operating as 2 pairs like that can be incredibly effective, especially against disorganised opposition.

Once you get going like that, you can get a bit of momentum by calling people forward, but whilst you're at the front you need to keep the enemy heads down or none of the shirkers will come forward. One thing noobs don't seem to grasp quickly is that 'covering fire' is not aimed at individual targets when they pop out of cover, but rather indiscriminately at the cover and around it so that anyone behind it knows that popping up will get them hit... worth explaining!

be careful when you are flanking the enemy and you have a friendly prone right in front of you and get so involved in the fire fight you don't realise he is hit, he stands up and shoot him in the ear, at point blank..... yeah he still remembers this and reminds me every time we go airsofting, just be aware of your teammates make sure you don't hit them that is what most people get very annoyed at!

• Supporters

I got P'd off at GZ with people hanging back using shite cover. I made a run up one of the paths around the village on Sunday in full view of about 20 guys from my team, they were getting hit way at the back so it was a very jinking run to move the front line up. No one followed so I'm then stuck at the far end them firing over me not hitting anything, infact not even close to getting anything. While I'm actually getting hits and shouting for them to move the hell up and give support while I cover them because its clear up to me. By that time the marshals had changed the Regen rule to 25m back then back in so the worst thing to happen would be a couple of hits and a short walk.

When I eventually got hit I walked past them and they wanted to know what the hell I was thinking, "well if you want to defend a position its stupid to sit on it, the attackers only have to get you out of the way. if we extend the line as far away from the flag as possible they will have to fight past our position then the next and then the next. That all takes time they don't have!" simples! I gave up and went to support another path. Surprise surprise bravo got a foothold on the path.

My advice is

The worst that will happen is you have to go regen, so be stealthy for as long as possible, go loud and aggressive when stuff is going down, get stuck in take your hits. Always try to work in teams of 2 minimum, while one shoots the other finds new cover, ultimately you should be working in the direction of your objective.

Archived