Hi what does everyone think of this and will it fit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

hi yesterday i said does anyone know where to buy starter kit for airsoft.

i have decided to go with the following and i was wondering does anybody know if this will fit:

Main Gun & Accessories:
G&G Combat Machine AEG with Blowback GR16 CQW Rush £144.95

Zero One 8.4v 2200mAh NiMH High Performance Battery for Crane Stocks £19.95

G&G AEG Mag for M4 450rds (Grey) £21.95

ICS Folding Vertical Foregrip for 20mm Rail £24.95

King Arms L500 Laser with 20mm Mount £36.95

NCS 1x35 Tri-Rail Tri-Colour Illuminating Dot Sight with 20mm Mount £54.95

Pistol & Extra's:

Tokyo Marui GBLK Night Warrior : £139.95

Tokyo Marui GBLK Mag for M1911 A1 : £23.95

Zero One Pro Gas : £6.95

Enola Gaye Burst Smoke (Orange) Box of 10 (Bundle) : £24.95

Dynatex Blank Firing Impact Grenade : £79.95

Fiocchi Pack of 50 Blanks .380 for Grenades : £12.95

Clothing:

Bollé Ballistic Goggles X1000 RX (Black) : £54.95

Guarder SOG CQB Tactical Vest : £84.95

5.11 Chameleon Soft Shell Jacket (Black) - Size Extra Large : £84.95

5.11 Taclite Pro Pants (Black) - Size 40" : £42.95

Emerson MICH Helmet Cover (MultiCam) : £11.95

Viper Patrol Belt System : £20.95

Viper Tactical Gloves - Size Large : £10.95

5.11 RUSH 12 Pack (Black) : £69.95

Are you serious?? you wanna spend that amount of money nearly a grand!! for your starter kit? i would spend a little bit more on a gun, do you actually need a pistol??

get yourself an aeg, a couple of mags, a chest rig/plate carrier and some DPMs which will cost you all in all like £400

Not sure you want all of that equipment and spend as much money as that to start with.

You could probably get at least half of that stuff cheaper by shopping around and maybe choosing different brands that are just as good.

I also see you wanted a laser sight? Most skirmish sites I go to now ban laser sights, so they're pretty much useless. If you're going to get a laser sight just for the look of it, then get a dummy laser box for less than half of that price.

Of course its your money and you can spend it how you like.

You don't say how much of a noob you are, but it normally makes sense to build as you go along.

You only have to look at the second hand kit for sale in the classifieds.

What question are you really asking ?

When I first started, I spent 240 on a gun, and then bought cheap DPM stuff for 15 quid. Vest glasses and boots didn't cost much either.

Personally I thought this was the best way to start. Buying fancy scopes and lasers can come later. As you learn more about the sport, and get more confident you can start getting the cool kit.

I stared on dpms like everybody else here, but now I use Italian made clothes that cost alot to import.

If I had just bought what I thoight was cool at the time of starting, I think I would have got bored of my kit and thought it a waste of money.

You're actually spending that much on a starter loadout? You serious? Most of the stuff you have on that list won't be used half the time, you definitely won't use the laser at woodland sites, so that's about half it's usefulness gone in one. You can get decent optics for much less, under £30 sometimes.

£80 on a softshell you'll only use in outdoor games at winter isn't a smart buy either, you'll just overheat. The trousers aren't a great purchase either, a decent set of '95s or some Begadi combats are good enough, and they don't rip unless a sharp blade is applied to them.

I wouldn't immediately buy pyros, a BFG or a pistol either. Many people don't even use their sidearm, and a BFG isn't smart unless you've bought yourself a good gun already.

If you spent over a grand on this gear and discovered that you didn't like airsoft so much, you would be extremely pissed off at yourself

• Supporters

Thank you for all of the replies its a great help.

I have decided to Get my UKARA lisence first then i will start choosing guns and stuff.

Like i said before thank you all

The advice you have from everyone on here is perfect, pay bit more money on a gun just by a vest, mags batterys x2 and away you go.

you need to build your kit slowly. See what works for you. ICS guns are wicked, you they have a split gear box so you can change the power of your internals for CQB 330 ,woodland 350 ect plus upgrading them is not hard. But you also cant go wrong with Tokyo Mauri just leave it standard.

AIRSOFT KICKS ASS

Archived