Ahhh, the joys of facebook.

SheriffHD
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I some how forgot to disable the anoying live feed feature on facebook.

As being apart of so many of those facebook sale pages, my home screen gets pretty swampt with people selling clothes with the odd golden winner (usuall a good bit of computer kit going cheap, its what I like)

But today, I saw something else (remember, this was on a buy/sell/trade group which is sells general crap basically an online bootfare)

One woman had posted up for sale a KWA Glock. Not a bad little pistol I might add But I have to say It would be super if more people were aware of the law regarding these.

(That being said, Ive recived some pretty funny messages now and being called a "dude ur a major dick, I bet you like to punch babiez in da face. No one gives a fuk about the law. Wasnt like i was gona rob a bank with it")

Idiot_zpsec5ed251.png

So, have any of you lot encountered something like this too?

I've seen RIFs being sold in halves over Ebay, but nothing as stupid as flogging a KWA on facebook.

eBay started to catch on to people running 6 auctions to sell airsoft guns, so recently I've started to see more... "ingenious" ways of getting around eBay's no guns/RIFs rules. I wish I could find it, but this was my favourite:

"For sale, one LiPo battery (1700 mah), £125, £11.99 postage (1st, recorded). The winner of this auction will also receive a free J.G. M4A1 airsoft replica".

• Supporters

I see what they did there.

To be fair, I bet there's nothing anyone can do about it since it's essentially being gifted... Sort of lol.

I remember the deal where They would over charge for Postage Instead for an item. (although this was the sale of real firearms on ebay)

The sale would say something like

"Box for a GSG MP5"

an Empty box, which may or may not contain items, sold as seen.

you are buying an unopened empty box.

And it would have a Buy it now price of £10. But the postage would be £500

• Supporters

Doesn't the law have a tendency to hide behind folds of "red tape" though?

So as far as anyone is truly concerned, from the item listed, there's nothing illegal going on. I mean, obviously there is, but is there actually anything anyone could do about it?

There could be a purchase regulator on Ebay, with legal professionals checking over each new 'suspicious' auction like the one mentioned above, however as Ebay is a US-based corporation every 'murican would be up in arms demanding sale freedom. They like their freedom over there, shame they don't realise that nobody is truly free, even if there is no dictator watching their every move.

Archived