Kit list for Airsoft weekend events

Hav0c
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

thats pretty much it Ian, I got my DHC for a abcess on my gum, the headaches hurt worse than the abcess ... took them for 1 day, then just abused some co-codamol, which did the trick ;) . To be honest i dont take pain killers unless i absolutley have to, so i can get away with the weak ones :D .

on annother note, quite a de-railment of topic here :D:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Oh, I dunno, Sp00n, painkillers are an important piece of kit... :)Selecting the wrong ones could leave a person in more pain than they were in already ;)

Unfortunately what would be best left in the 1st aid kit as insurance for that time when things go drastically wrong is illegal enough to get a person actually arrested. Feels wrong to even contemplate, but in our topsy turvy world the truth of the matter is that, in order to prepare a comprehensive kit, an ordinary person must first seriously injure themselves so that they can hang on to the last of the temgesic/morphine prescribed to them...

• Supporters

I take it I'm The only one here aware of the water method?

In which case it's literally just water boarding or if you don't have a container big enough for your head just get someone to slap you with a Hydro Carrier doe's Fupping wonder's!

• 4 weeks later...

Something else to add to the list I guess.

944462_10151560950034387_1275628262_n.jp

I have a stock of these, they are perfect for camping and weekend events where the food is a acquired taste. Although its more for when I cook in the field.
Its some what of a habit of mine now. I'll usually grab a ton of these every time I get a chance.

• Supporters

Try ROCKETFUEL (effectively coffee) it's what a lot of our staff are told to use when they switch to or from night shift & is in powder form or pull & play form!

Don't get me wrong I do love a coffee, it's energy drinks that I dislike, too much sugar and random food additives to be good for you, there is only a couple of uses for food dye and one of those is dying your boss' boots red & green!

Just go for a drink like gatorade or powerade, Lots of electrolites that hydrate you better than water and gives you more energy. If you find you are still getting too tired. Shot your self point blank in the neck, the sting will wake you the fuck up.

:D

Gatorade etc. are great for rehydration, but the sugar provides a VERY temporary energy increase, but the payback is a bitch.

As for the drugs, I rarely take any at all so the 8mg do the trick for the migraines, at least enough to function. The DHC I've never actually used, they live in the "only in the case of direst emergency" first aid kit, and the Tramadol are in pretty much the same category. I was on Tramadol for a few months after open heart surgery as they had to go in between two ribs, which leaves you in pain every time you take a breath. 30/500 co-codamol I keep in case I manage to set my old back injury off and I've used them once for toothache, they are also a great cure for hangovers! (not that I'm advocating the use of prescription strength opiates for self-induced pain of course! :o )

• Supporters

Gatorade has caffeine in it. You may be surprised at how many soft drinks do. To get around legislation requiring stricter controls on pharmacologically active substances over the counter, it is listed as a flavouring. FFS! A flavouring!?! That's not blatant corruption, eh?

Do you know that caffeine is a phenethylamine very similar in composition to amphetamines and, as such, is as difficult for the body to get rid of as amphetamines? A lot of people who use plenty of caffeine say that the first cup/can/bottle in the morning is essential; that they cannot properly wake up without it. If that is you, here's an experiment - for 3 days, instead of a caffeinated drink first thing, drink a pint of cold water. See how you feel. Obviously don't go cold turkey, like no caffeine all day, or you may well suffer from sudden bastards of headaches. Just try substituting the first one for a whole pint of cold water.

• Supporters

Not at all, Scoob. Just for a few days, substitute the first brew for a pint of cold water. Trust me. See how you feel.

You'll find Ian that gatorade and powerade actually dont have caffeine in them. They arnt energy drinks, they are sports drinks. So they contain the electrolytes which hydrate you. unlike caffeine which will dehydrate you. Its why if you have a case of the sh*ts you drink a powerade/gatorade. (handy fact there if you didnt know it) The will usually recommend Dioralyte, Which you can buy from your local pharmacy, but it taste like crap and is a rip off.

But yeah, Cold water is best thing you can drink. If you want a little cheat to help lose weight (when thrown in with a good diet and exercise) Drinking at least 1 liter of COLD water a day can boost your metabolism resulting in around 1000 extra calories to be burned a month where the body will expend extra energy to bring the Ice cold water to body temp.

• Supporters

Oh right, well I was pretty sure I'd read "caffeine" on the label of Gatorade, but maybe I was mistaken. I'm not going to spoil the experiment by telling people what happens, but water is amazing stuff alright :lol: Mind you, you'd have to have some kind of OCD to be arsed about 1000 calories in a month...

Me on the cold war red myist game overdid it a bit

all the zelts XD yeh 6 of the dam thungs

2 sleeping bags and a grate coat full winter kit and still the -4 snuck in and chilled me. Went through about 12 500ml wsters and was still drhydrated so had to break out the Dioralyte dam that stuff saves you alot of pain if you get it in you befor its to late

Cleany kit lots of wet wipes and loo roll alcamholl gel cleaner. tooth paste brush Cloths bucket and ofcourse communial rucksack water bowser (next time im bringing it for sure)

Ditto the gaffa tape prefrabrly fabrick type depending on time period of weekender ect

Ppe and p1staid kit usefull but leave it for he organisers.

Always pays to check your networks coverage map to see if you will be able to call in help if radio cant.

Errre fooooodd lots of dinner noms and brefast noms

And im gunsa pass out now

Ahh food. One thing I like to do.

Asda own baked beans 17p

Asda cheap saussages 8 pack £1

Asda Bacon £1

Musrooms £1 down the local farm shop for a nice bag of the things

Get some garlic butter for cooking the shrooms.

And a Loaf of bread. Needless to say, it equals one awesome breakky.

Also buy a satellite phone and order in a pizza for the evening lol if you can.

Mc D....pft hell no. Nothing taste better than field cooked food.

Want to know what the best dish ever is?

barrel made stew.

Archived