hello:)

SimonQuigley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ive now gone against getting that MP5 as all the videos ive watched have been 340fps+

ask your site about the rules, normally it says 328fps +%5 (making it approx 350fps, so your 340fps+ should be fine)

Actionhobbies,

Airsoft World, Wolfarmouries etc. all sell blue guns. I have always

believed that the dark blue is less noticeable than bright orange, so

I'd take a look on their two tone sections. The SW-10 I have was blue (I

have since camo taped it and "ghillied" it.)

Blue guns are illegal unless you have a valid defence.

Camo taping, 'ghillie' or otherwise hide the two-toning is also illegal, other than during a skirmish (must be removed afterwards) or if you have a valid defence.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ask your site about the rules, normally it says 328fps +%5 (making it approx 350fps, so your 340fps+ should be fine)

Blue guns are illegal unless you have a valid defence.

Camo taping, 'ghillie' or otherwise hide the two-toning is also illegal, other than during a skirmish (must be removed afterwards) or if you have a valid defence.

Blue guns are NOT illegal other wise shop would not sell them!

the rules clearly state the colours to be used and blue is one of them!

• Supporters

I don't think that any colours are specifically stated. but I'm sure I've seen somewhere that blue doesn't count.

Either way retailers sell them anyway, but the g&g dark blue guns for example are borderline. It should be a bright colour, I guess retailers just ignore it.

Blue guns are NOT illegal other wise shop would not sell them!

Are you serious? That's the worst argument I've ever heard. A retailer doing something does not justify it legally -Remember bbguns4less is known for selling IF to under 18s, Bofors sells weapons to the usa and there's thugs in the uk selling semi automatic pistols, neither of them makes any of it legal.

the rules clearly state the colours to be used and blue is one of them!

If I am not mistaken, blue used to be on the list long time ago but have since been removed as various police forces uses blue weapons. White did also use to be on the list but have been removed as its used as snow camo.

Accepted bright colours are:

- Bright red

- Bright orange

- Bright yellow

- Bright green

- Bright pink

- Bright purple

*see JerseyRiders 'Popular UKARA Questions"

**see .pdf on ukara.org.uk

I don't think that any colours are specifically stated. but I'm sure I've seen somewhere that blue doesn't count.

Either

way retailers sell them anyway, but the g&g dark blue guns for

example are borderline. It should be a bright colour, I guess retailers

just ignore it.

The G&G dark blue is not a legal two tone colour. I do believe it's ignorance rather than knowingly breaking the law thou.

But hey, lets use common sense for once. Realistic Imitation Firearm.. Here's two practical tests: Would your granny be scare/intimidated/call the police if she saw this? Could a criminal successfully use this to rob a business or private person?

oBlundersx4d64394534e27.jpg

(oh and the answer is yes)

Blue is no longer an accepted two tone colour? That's news to my ears, well fair enough then, ignore what I said.

(Except the Just BB Guns bit, they're still ****.)

Blue is no longer an accepted two tone colour? That's news to my ears, well fair enough then, ignore what I said.

(Except the Just BB Guns bit, they're still ****.)

if you want to say how **** justbbguns are there is a thread in general discusion.

Meh, my new shotty is blue. However I did not get a say in which colour the site I bought it off would paint it, it was merely a check-box "RIF or 2Tone?" option.

edit: bright pink is allowed? Then why is G&G's bright pink "Femme Fatale" M4 classed as an RIF by proairsoftsupplies?

Meh, my new shotty is blue. However I did not get a say in which colour the site I bought it off would paint it, it was merely a check-box "RIF or 2Tone?" option.

edit: bright pink is allowed? Then why is G&G's bright pink "Femme Fatale" M4 classed as an RIF by proairsoftsupplies?

Ahhhh sh1t....I recently bought a bright blue m4 from Swindon airsoft...am I breaking the law unkowingly!???

it was there only 2 tone option:-/

No, TacMaster, you did not break the law. They did and you can legally own it.

PUG, did you know what colour thou? In any case I dont think (however unsure as for now what the case would be if you knew it's colour) you have broken the law either.

As for the 'femme fatal', those that I have seen are legal to own without valid defence. Yet z1 homepage asks for UKARA (I do not know if its deliberate or just their standard procedure.. in any case the have no obligation to sell you).

I am all for reality check, as in my last post, HOWEVER, what if a bushmaster releases a venom green or bright orange rifle (like many knife manufacturers have done as of late)? If armed forces started to actually use them in combat that would be another matter.

think this if my final choice

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=5038

although its only hitting 280fps, its g

under my limit and comes with battery etc.

i think it will be a good place to start and it comes with a free skirmish voucher, that i will probably give to someone here haha

/me usually straps the battery on the outside anyway :rolleyes:

glad you found something. just a final thing, call your site first and ask about the actual fps limit and see if it allows the %5.

:)

i've been thinking, and what i might do is postpone starting skirmishing, and try out better guns first, not having to worry about a limit, and maybe when the time comes, get said guns down graded to my current limit

thanks for all the advise

i've been thinking, and what i might do is postpone starting skirmishing, and try out better guns first, not having to worry about a limit, and maybe when the time comes, get said guns down graded to my current limit

thanks for all the advise

Don't worry about all the fuss with front wired MP5s, they're very easy to install a battery on you just need to secure the wire to the outer barrel with cable ties. Getting the insulated wiring connecting the battery to the motor in is often the most hindering part of battery installation.

I am all for reality check, as in my last post, HOWEVER, what if a bushmaster releases a venom green or bright orange rifle (like many knife manufacturers have done as of late)? If armed forces started to actually use them in combat that would be another matter.

How about we make world militaries use bright colored two tone guns, so airsofters have to use black guns to distinguish them!

Jenius!

Archived