MP5s

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I finally managed to receive my UKARA after a few months of pestering my site :) and now I am in the market for a decent weapon. I currently have two choices. A G&G FN2000, or some kind of MP5... Because we all know you cannot beat an MP5 in pure terms of SLAPPING THAT .... Charging handle... Bu there are quite a few out there to choose from and I dont really want to skimp. Which manufacturers would you guys recommend? It would also be nice to have rails too, since optics help a lot!

Also I dont mind if it is a GBBR. I prefer more realistic simulation scenarios anyway. But as long as there are good metal parts and the cocking handle sounds as it should then I am happy.

Thanks for your help guys!

• Supporters
So I finally managed to receive my UKARA after a few months of pestering my site :) and now I am in the market for a decent weapon. I currently have two choices. A G&G FN2000, or some kind of MP5... Because we all know you cannot beat an MP5 in pure terms of SLAPPING THAT .... Charging handle... Bu there are quite a few out there to choose from and I dont really want to skimp. Which manufacturers would you guys recommend? It would also be nice to have rails too, since optics help a lot!

Also I dont mind if it is a GBBR. I prefer more realistic simulation scenarios anyway. But as long as there are good metal parts and the cocking handle sounds as it should then I am happy.

Thanks for your help guys!

The G&G FN2000 series is pretty rare in my experience, I've not seen any in stock for ages, I've even heard rumours that they've been discontinued, but not sure how accurate that statement is.

I'm not a fan of the FN 2000 so someone else can advise you on that.

As for MP5s, I'd say to go with G&G again, there are a few different models to choose from, including one with RIS, though I think all of them come with a top rail for optics and the rail is removable.

You can get either plastic or metal bodied ones depending on the budget and all of them have a really nice pneumatic blowback feature, meaning the bolt is fully functional so you can do the H&K slap all you like, as well as it offering that little bit more realism - it sounds awesome too. My charging handle magically broke when I lent it to a mate though, but he swears he didn't break it by doing the H&K slap, so it ought to last a while either way. Replacement ones are about £11 shipped from G&G directly.

Range is more than you need for such a small gun, if you want to make it better then a tightbore would help. Other than that there's not much else to say!

My G&G MP5A4 is the best gun I've ever owned, stock performance is phenomenal, this is the only gun to date of the 12+ I've had over the last 2 years that I haven't felt the need to do anything to, at all. It's still completely stock, still shooting just as great as on day one and the spring is still putting shots down range at 320fps, just like when it was brand new.

Can't rate it highly enough.

If you look in the AEG review section I've got a review on it in there.

I like the look of the F2k because it's bullpup and rare to see on the field. I will get it one day :) But for now I will probably go with an MP5. However I do know that the F2k is in stock at zeroone.

I took a look at your review. Very convincing and its temping me even more. I'm just on the fence about getting the SD version instead because it looks way better. I realise it has a longer barrel though which could increase the power. The Grange has an FPS limit of 350, so I'd like to not go over that with stock parts :)

I will be making my choice and purchasing within the next few days. At long last.

• Supporters

I think that the G&G SD's barrel is the same length as the standard, the supressor actually acts as a shroud, so it actually works to silence the gun... Though I might be thinking of a different one.

I think EpicAirsoftHD have done a video review on the G&G MP5SD...

Yeah, here you go:

Proairsoftsupplies have just received new G&G GEN2's, worth checking the MP5 in there as well I reckon.

Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and got the G&G MP5 SD6 from ZeroOne. I have used them in the past for other things and they got it to me the very next day. Picture is in the "What have you just bought" thread. Now with my next paycheck I need to buy a sling and extra mags... Might go midcap as I really enjoy reloading.

Legit double post (I hope)

Is there any parts I can get to replace the tiny front sling mount on an MP5? The hole is so small it's not even funny. I doubt many two point slings can even attach in there. I bought an MS2 sling and I plan to mainly use it as a 1 point. Still I would like to be able to use it as a 2 point in certain situations to secure it more. Any ideas?

Either get a RIS Handguard or use one of those Rings you get on Keyrings and clip sling on to that.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've been reading Classic Army B&T mp5 seems to be one of the best AEGs around.. and from own experience, even my CA B&T mp5k have more range and accuracy than most longer rifles I've encountered.

heres some inspiration for you haha XD

p1120591cc.jpg

Archived