Airsoft Gear in Hot Weather

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i change from my wools to dot 44 stuff, but thats because i would melt in full wool kit. summer the k98 will be making more of an apearance so i dont have to run as much :lol:

What i usually wear

I was wearing summer kit during the winter :P

• Supporters

We talking uniforms or LBE?

I don't really change much other than gloves and boots depending on the season, certainly not my rig/belt setup.

If you've not got any sort of combat shirt/UBACS that would be my first suggestion, then some nice thin/lightweight trousers to with it. Just switching your shirt from the old t-shirt/lightweight jacket combo over to a UBACS makes a massive difference.

So far if it is super hot I just take the sleeves off of my shirt as they just zip right off. Its a very breathable shirt too since the torso area is made from a lighter material. I dont have a lot of gear so my only other option is to use some mesh goggles instead of my full face mask. Although some goggles with mesh lower protection would be a good idea.

• Supporters

There's a few different types of eye pro that are suitable, but the goggles/glasses combo with a mesh lower face mask is probably the most common setup I see at games which is both highly effective in terms of safety and perfect for ventilation.

• Supporters

Best bet is likely going to be eBay.

The brit issue ones are pretty good quality and shouldn't cost much at all, especially in the old desert DPM; though you'll find MTP on there as well for a few quid more I've no doubt. Certainly a better option than viper/web-tex.

simple i ditch the smock for the od shirt remove the leggings and add a camelbak to my rig pack

Best bet is likely going to be eBay.

The brit issue ones are pretty good quality and shouldn't cost much at all, especially in the old desert DPM; though you'll find MTP on there as well for a few quid more I've no doubt. Certainly a better option than viper/web-tex.

I got a DDPM UBACS from the local market for a tenner (Grade 1 surplus)

Online it was about the same but + £5 for postage and new ones (no difference at all) were £20.

Don't buy Viper ones, they're £30!

Would've been better if they sold -Woodland- DPM on that stall, but better than paying 50% more or double in my opinion.

Archived