Photos from the field

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Here are some from this Saturday at Skirmish:

553070_456858664362681_88277887_n_zps11dea0eb.jpg

72219_10151237522602913_226769928_n_zps673ab511.jpg

553339_10151237155272913_1233432565_n_zps9ae59609.jpg

299523_456858981029316_2025223090_n_zps464b8da3.jpg

479698_140279762796804_633938792_n_zpsbdd1dec5.jpg

Definitely need to find a better place for my pistol...

543883_140296359461811_1983923789_n_zpsd99c5d6c.jpg

And then this one was taken back last year at some point, with my old rig, but I always thought it looked pretty cool:

374464_10151159166912913_1990012378_n_zps2e89582c.jpg

• Supporters

Looking good, Ed. Does your holster have a swivel/lock attachment? If so you could try putting it just left of your belt buckle at 30°-ish down from horizontal, in a cross draw position. I think that when you let go of your L85's pistol grip with your right hand it will have a tendency to fall, until caught by your sling obvy, in a way that would slightly impede the pistol cross-draw action but, if you simultaneously pull the rifle against you with your left hand, the butt shouldn't connect with your right forearm, maybe just your biceps, which wouldn't knock your drawing action off target, away from your Sig... maybe... :lol:

• Supporters

I saw someone post a photo somewhere on here of a molle belt with a serpa on it that's mount sort of hung lower by a few inches, so I think I'll look into that.

Probably forgo using the Sig for the time being, might pick up a Glock with the above mentioned holster, saves me having two holsters for the same gun.

• Supporters

Probably forgo using the Sig for the time being, might pick up a Glock with the above mentioned holster, saves me having two holsters for the same gun.

Hang on...

You'll buy a new pistol to go with a new holster, which you need because your current rig makes drawing from your current holster difficult... right?

What will you do with the Sig which will only fit in the holster which doesn't work with your Osprey?

• Supporters

Use it with my sniper once I get it, or donate it to my brother for when he eventually gets an L85 or LSW, 'cos he'll likely be using my old rig too, which it works fine with.

• Supporters

Ah, it's just an excuse to buy a new pistol then... good-oh!

:lol:

• Supporters

The list of stuff I want is getting almost too long for me to even remember everything that's on it lol.

I managed to get some desert boots for only £10 on eBay though. They're Grade 2, but hopefully they'll not be that bad.

• Supporters

I've just paid £42 inc P&P for a pair of new Regatta boots on fleabay to replace my Peter Storms which are my standard footwear, but I doubt they'll be making an appearance at aiorsoft for a couple of years and then, only at indoor CQB...

£10 for desert boots is a great price though. So long as the interiors are comfy to wear, for that price anything even half decent about the exteriors is a major good deal! What make, Lowa?

• Supporters

I can't remember if I'm honest, but the fact they're marked as "Grade 2" means that they must have been military issue by definition, so I'm not too fussed.

Edit:

They're Desert Lowa Elites - Suit me perfectly B)

• Supporters

A holster like this ed ;)

A1D06370-7731-4B38-8ED5-4335EEBA50F4-13303-00001352F4A799BF.jpg

Not the best pic I know, but should make the point none the less :P

• Supporters

Yes, just like that. Cheers.

What's the mount called?

I assume it is a mount, not part of the actual holster? Thinking about it, I ought to be able to put the same mount on whatever Serpa I want, no?

I was just thinking about your holster issue Ed and if you angled the handle towards to front you may be able to draw it easily without it getting in the way of the utility pouch, kinda how they were sometimes positioned in the old west...

• Supporters

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, Nick.

As far as I know I can't alter the angle it sits at. I'll have to have another look at it.

I'd have it further around my front but then I wouldn't be able to crouch or sit down without it destroying my hip and groin. I think my best option at the moment is to move it around to my left as Ian suggested on the last page of the topic and then cross-draw it.

Or, just not use a pistol for the time being.

• Supporters

No space, need my admin pouch for my radio, pyro, and patches.

Mount it on the back. Not actually that hard to draw.

• Supporters

I don't actually have a molle mount for it, so I think the thing Nutster pictured, or cross drawing is going to be my best bet.

• Supporters

Zip ties won't be secure enough. Least not for my liking.

• Supporters

I've never had a Problem doing it with Zip-Tie's so that's nearly three year's i've had pistol's now that and ZT's are stronger than you think! Each to their own though.

• Supporters

It's called a duty drop loop, or something like that

• Supporters

I'll have a google around, cheers Nutster.

Photos from my last game at Halo before Christmas (and taken a day before my beloved X5 exploded).

I'd knackered my arm up a few days before, and wasn't up to carrying a rifle, so opted for pistols.

Airsofting in a jacket, shirt, trousers and shoes is surprisingly comfortable :lol:

422325_520591201305086_1123281584_n_zps31df7d25.jpg

266718_520591194638420_869741870_o_zps8cf0255b.jpg

Archived