Plate carrier advice for ladies

terrier

Alright so my other half is wanting to come airsofting want a plate carrier or the likes wondering if anyone out there has any recommendations for good brands that are comfy for someone with a larger chest. Cheers 

Will she be running “plates”? 

Very few are made with females in mind and ones that are, can be pricey.

Chest rig would be a better option but even then, if the girls are lorge, maybe a belt kit?

• Supporters

Maybe consider a warrior tmv vest or one of the many similar "vests" , it's essentially a molle waistcoat & gives good coverage all over, allows for pouch placement wherever you want & once adjusted goes on like a jacket, very comfortable & should take the sting out of most shots.

Obviously to give the best advice to sizing & coverage etc, we will need to see suitable pictures of your gf 😏

So the ladies seem to get on with the likes of PT Armor (like the stuff worn in the movie Black Hawk Down) Its soft and has elastic sides so can conform around the bust for good fit.  Then wear whatever over the top. A cooler (as in heat) would be something like a British Assault Vest (good price for a bit of kit that will outlast you). Is good because "it has pouches covering the nips and protects lower back).  https://preppersshop.co.uk/british-military-dpm-assault-vest-62566-p.asp https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/8fields-tactical-pt-tactical-body-armour

I would also recommend a molle vest, you can custom your preference in terms of pouches and as its adjustable it offers good coverage and can be adapted and adjusted to any body shape.

You can find some good condition from surplus and fairly cheap,

See below 20240729_145749.thumb.jpg.f4b305cefa806ba9ccad4ebece3c1661.jpgMiltec Molle vest and Miltec hand warmer

There was a thread started months ago asking the same thing but I'm afraid I couldn't find it for you, I'd recommend a basic molle vest like nighthawkkhan  suggests. if it helps... I'm a big fat lad with tits & the comfiest I've found is an old issued rig in the pic, I have a couple of other chest rigs & belt rigs but the FLC I have pulls on my neck when loaded up & the belt rigs are awkward to reach the pouches coz my belly gets in the way.

This is my 'go to set up'.

448882084_25811477501800974_5651057447447093291_n.jpg

Edited by ButcherBill

This is an issue I tried to weigh in on when I was in the Forces. The fact is, decades after female personnel were allowed to serve, despite them seeing combat during the GWOT, and years after they were allowed into combat arms, the kit, including PPE, is still designed with the male body in mind. A prime example of unconscious bias that could literally cost lives. 

The only purpose made body armour for female I've ever seen was from a female friend whose father's girlfriend was a bodyguard, and she inherited it and was skirmishing with it in the early 2000s.

However. Soft inserts (foam yoga mats cutouts) in body armour covers/plate carriers will follow her body shape without too much restrictions. 

• Supporters
On 14/09/2024 at 18:11, terrier said:

a plate carrier

On 14/09/2024 at 18:44, terrier said:

Most likely won't be running plates

<castle-confused.gif>

When I'm not playing dress up, I often just throw on an assault vest. Very adjustable to accommodate for bulges, you can fill the pockets to cover love-handles or love-pillows, not exactly tacticool-hi-speed but it gets the job done.

s-l1600.webp

Also, what's the internet cooming to these days?

93odru.jpg

Ask her to join/get in touch with Drew and Alex - they're both girls! - in here https://www.facebook.com/groups/527426974968230/  

I've met them both and they are very friendly and helpful and both very active players