SA-46 LMG Battery….

Fitz96

Hello guys, 

I have just bought the SA-46 Edge LMG. 

I tested it on 7.4 battery, worked fine but it seemed… slow or sluggish like it was struggeling on the battery. 

I tried an 11.1 in it and the performance was night and day. The ROF was drastically improved and was as snappy as my other Specna arms edge M4 which I use 7.4 in. 

My question… 

is using an 11.1 in this a bad idea? I’m struggeling to find much information on the SA-46 Edge and what people have said about it. 

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance! 

• Supporters

The SA-46 gearbox is the same as the one in the A&K M249 series. Personally I wouldn't run it on 11.1v without at least some kind of mosfet to protect the microswitch trigger as they are prone to arcing and welding on (cheap part and easy to replace but still). I don't know what other Specnas you have but if any of them are fitted with Mosfets that might go some way to explain why they're all more snappy on a 7.4v, plus the gearbox design in an M4 is totally different to an M249 anyway so it won't be quite the same.

Personally, I don't think that high ROF on an LMG is the way to go but you do you.

• Supporters

Agree with Lozart, 11.1 has the potential to shorten the lifespan of numerous parts, & keep in mind that a support weapon isn't meant to be a high speed bb hose, more a slow & steady tool for suppression.

As tackle said whole point of a saw is to stand back and keep heads down and allow your team to move. When I played as a saw gunner I would run through 5 to 6k of BBs a game day and never intentionally got a kill. God knows how many BBs I would have used if I had upped the rate of fire. The other issue is if you up the fire rate of your gun you will need to up grade the mag or you will do. Nothing but miss feed.

I recommend getting 2 batteries to make sure you can keep going all day

Oh deffinatly! I normally change around lunch time depending on the game mode and use anyways so will just grab 2 of the same for this. Cheers again guys!