Remove expired posts

After a few months though prices can be well out from the true value of what's being sold, that said I have sometimes paid over value for something I really wanted.....

There should be a cut off though to remove the old sales posts in my opinion.

• Supporters

Given that this is the most active UK forum, especially for sales, keeping old threads around for reference is very relevant. 

Not forgetting that it's also the only place where members are allowed, even encouraged, to discuss the prices of items being sold here, or other websites.

Those two aspects alone are a virtual mine of useful information for existing & new members alike.

The only real issue with old sales threads is when sellers don't update their status, such as when items are sold.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Airpig41 said:

After a few months though prices can be well out from the true value of what's being sold, that said I have sometimes paid over value for something I really wanted.....

There should be a cut off though to remove the old sales posts in my opinion.

this is a fair point.

35 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

We should not be contemplating changing things for the sake of a few with room temp IQs that cannot comprehend what expired means. 

Leaving completed and expired sales posts is invaluable as already mentioned.

i do occasionally get pm's asking about long expired ads, and i can certainly see how for those with a more expansive classifieds history that could start getting annoying.

probably a balance to be struck, yeet ads after a year's inactivity or such.

Nah. Leave them be. It's very handy to be able to scroll back years of sales to get prices for things. Especially obscure, no longer in production stuff.

I guess you mean sold rather than expired as plenty of stuff is still for sale on expired adverts that the seller just hasn't bumped. It literally says it might still be available...

Just now, hitmanNo2 said:

Nah. Leave them be. It's very handy to be able to scroll back years of sales to get prices for things. Especially obscure, no longer in production stuff.

I guess you mean sold rather than expired as plenty of stuff is still for sale on expired adverts that the seller just hasn't bumped. It literally says it might still be available...

Agree with you 💯