Vorsk ammo quality?

Hudson

I'm looking at visiting some new sites whilst I'm down in the Midlands, and unfortunately a lot of the ones that are running on the days I'm free are bio ammo only.

I've not used bio ammo for about 12 years, with varying success and my local retailer doesn't carry bio ammo in my weight (0.30 and 0.45).

I found vorsk Ammo at a store on my route down, but as I've not heard amazing things about the quality of their pistols, I'm wondering if using their ammo is just asking for trouble.

Does anyone have any experience using them?

If there's enough time for the delivery, and you don't mind a slight change, Warhead Industries do 0.32 and 0.43 bios which you can trust.

I've bought vorsk bbs a few times from various sites and haven't had any problems.

Also bio bbs in general have come along way in the past decade. The days of them swelling up at the slightest bit of moisture and shattering in guns are in the past

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

If there's enough time for the delivery, and you don't mind a slight change, Warhead Industries do 0.32 and 0.43 bios which you can trust.

I'm not sure if the guns I'm planning on using will lift 0.32s unfortunately, last I remember 0.30s were pretty much the maximum I could lift with my current setup. 

Will have to test and see.

As for 0.43s; Its for my bolt actions; I'm hoping not to have to adjust the hopup after I've finally got them all dialed in nicely, but thank you!

18 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I've bought vorsk bbs a few times from various sites and haven't had any problems.

Also bio bbs in general have come along way in the past decade. The days of them swelling up at the slightest bit of moisture and shattering in guns are in the past

That's good to know!

The only time I've ever had a gearbox explode on me mid-game was when I was using bio-ammo, so I've avoided it where possible since then.

My biggest issue is that I don't use enough in game to empty a bottle in a short time.

I still have a bottle of ammo I'm working through from last spring!

After that though, I may not need to worry about new ammo just yet;

One of the sites I've been looking at trying in the past is running a game on the 2nd and doesn't require bio ammo so that's probably my best bet for now.

Thanks for the help though!

Posted (edited)

I have no trouble with their 0.25g tracer BBs either.

Edited by Galvatron

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Tested, or told?  I've not noticed anything unusual using a variety of weights and makes, but then I do clean my barrels.

Told, but I have no reason to doubt him, but this is going back several years so they have probably improved a lot since his findings.

As I understand it many years ago bios had a nasty reputation for swelling and cracking, particularly in damp conditions, ruining guns. However I've played at a few bio bb only sites over the past few years and fired thousands of them with no problems 

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

As I understand it many years ago bios had a nasty reputation for swelling and cracking, particularly in damp conditions, ruining guns. However I've played at a few bio bb only sites over the past few years and fired thousands of them with no problems 

Yarp, the only ones I've had problem with were some 0.43g bios that I found after at least a year (maybe two) in an opened bag in the garage, that had started to craze slightly on the surface.  I shot some at 2.3J to see what would happen and did get wild fliers and some fragments in the barrel, but that's an extreme example.