M4 AWS Scope or Red Dot dilemma

Hello, 

I am new to Airsoft and have just purchased an MWS GBB M4A1. Loving it so far and I really like the slower pace of play and playing a bit stealthy. 

I am stuck between buying a scope, or a red dot. 

I found the Theta Rhino which could give me the best of both worlds..? Any advice or experience on this would be much appreciated. I just don’t really know how suitable scopes are for Airsoft and if I’ll be wasting my money and wishing I just bought a red dot..

Thanks 

13ddd919-545d-4b10-9c35-7809369e1b40.jpeg

They all tend to do the same job, some cost more than others but it's airsoft not real combat. If you want the 'look' then you'll be able to pick up an acog fairly cheaply & you could spend the savings on rail covers, fore grip, sling, wasdn light or peq box.

or mags of course.

really depends on what you want & like the look of.

type M4A1 into the search box for ideas.

Edited by gavinkempsell

I'd go for a red dot. Imo engagement ranges aren't really long enough to make magnified scopes necessary. Also when I tried it I found that the narrower sight picture made getting on target quickly harder with a scope.

Whatever you go for I highly recommend some sort of lens protection as having them shot out is bloody annoying and expensive to replace

• Supporters

Where do you play?  Not much use having magnification at any indoor site (that I know of) for example, but at a really big site with lots of routes it can be super handy to try and spot people and especially team arm bands.

Within a couple of games people usually have their preference established; you either find yourself wanting that zoom or you don't feel a need for it.  Decide on whether you want the magnification, then within the category you've chosen do as mentioned above and google reference pics to see what style of sight you want.

The one thing with a red dot is if you feel you want some magnification later on you can pick up a magnifier to go behind the it.