Selling an entire set of pistol parts

emilianoksa

I have a complete set of internals for the TM Glock 19 Gen 3.

It's a long embarrassing story but I tried to put the TM frame internals into a Guarder frame. I have done this before with Guarder Glock 17 Gen 2 and 4 frames and encountered little or no difficulty. However the Glock 19 frame was anything but a straight fit. When I finally got them in, the slide stuck and I had to hammer it off. I tried again - first removing material from the inside of the frame and trying the slide again  - and again and again and again, finally damaging the Guarder frame and breaking the TM slide. In the end I gave up, put the parts in a box  and sold the magazine.

So what I have now is a complete set of internal parts including bbu, outer and inner barrel, front and rear sights etc - everything except a slide, frame and magazine. I still have the original Marui frame which has a slight mark next to one of the assembly pin holes that you would probably not notice.

Now, as I understand it, I can sell the parts without requiring a defence of the buyer, because they are only parts and not a rif. However I am thinking that it might be best not to include the TM frame, in case the authorities  regard it as a part too far. I mean if a buyer could get the gun to work, he would only need a slide to have a full pistol.

So forget the frame. Can I sell all the parts together to anyone whether they have a defence, or not, or should I sell them in smaller batches? It's no big either way for me but they are no use to me and so I thought somebody else might be able to make use of them for a small sum. If it

I recently received a metal hi capa slide from Hong Kong which was delayed in customs. They asked me to complete a customs declaration form for firearms and threatened to charge me for storage. I wrote back to them explaining that I was importing a small metal part (an empty aluminium shell about 15cm long, 2cm wide and weighing about 80 grams) to replace a plastic part on an airsoft pistol already owned and had bought in England and that it was all perfectly legal. Eventually they relented and released the item on payment of 41 quid.

This experience has made me a little nervous about what the law is, and just how well the civil servants know it.

Edited by emilianoksa

The authorities are not going to be interested in a private sale; you can sell everything together or in whatever other way floats your boat.

• Supporters

I agree, no one really gives a shit what we do, and as long as there isn't a sudden torrent of crimes involving Airsoft replicas, the authorities will continue to kinda ignore us. 

Imports are another matter, while we're told its all about national security etc, the truth is it's really about revenue generation, everything coming in is receiving extra scrutiny, driven by brexit & the covid debt. 

As for your selection of parts, no offence but you've struggled to get them to work together, a potential buyer would have to be as equally commited to get a working pistol out of them, safe to say only a genuine airsofter or similar, such as a reenactor would attempt it, not a chav or criminal looking for a short cut to getting a rif. 

The law on the sale of RIFs places responsibility on the seller

It’s not illegal to sell/buy RIFs - and there is not a definition in the law to what governs any membership etc to justify a sale

A seller only needs to reasonably be confident that the buyer of a RIF intends to play airsoft skirmishing on an insured site. The UKARA scheme is intended to provide documentation to back up sellers that the buyer is an airsoft skirmisher 

Just sell as a bundle. If selling on a forum such as this just make sure the buyers posting history does not imply they are a schoolchild / chav gangsta

If selling via other social media look at their photos etc

Do not go into some convoluted route such as selling a few batches of assorted parts in seperate transactions to one buyer - if someone added one and one together then they could come up with deliberate evasion of the law

Avoid overthinking, sell on an airsoft site such as the classifieds here and just ask the buyer to acknowledge they are an airsofter - or check their profile to see that they appear to be a regular user of an airsoft forum and it’s reasonable that their intent is to play