Wolverine MTW 308

Impulse

So coming out of IWA this week we had a tasty little preview of what looked to be a .308 variant of the MTW. A lot of people consider MTWs to be the best HPA platforms, since they're built for it and tend to come out at pretty high quality, so another variant that isn't just an AR-15 will be welcome (even if it's only an AR-10). I'll be interested to see where this goes, as I do like my .308 guns and I'd like to do a build with a tank in the stock, but will see how things develop as we know very little at the moment.

image.thumb.jpeg.a3019f0b7318a0cc2ceb4ba58d5410bb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.af9d17fbd6d3adfe36333e0a9c8ef56b.jpeg

Literally just finished watching their Facebook feed and had a similar "oooh, interesting" response. Technically probably identical to the AR15 version (perhaps bigger mags?), but would at least add some variety. At least some time to start saving...

I was so excited to see that Genesis shotgun until it turned out it's gonna be just an 8 round burst with each trigger pull. I don't even know if any site is gonna allow that (probably not because you can't fire burst indoor).

I assume I have to build a Saiga on HPA basis instead for a true shotgun experience. 😎

Edited by Krisz

10 hours ago, Hatchet said:

Literally just finished watching their Facebook feed and had a similar "oooh, interesting" response. Technically probably identical to the AR15 version (perhaps bigger mags?), but would at least add some variety. At least some time to start saving...

Since the regular MTW is so good, I'm actually hoping that internally they're almost identical. I still won't get the gen1 as soon as this releases though; even with something like an MTW, I'd rather wait and see if any problems arise and then if they do I can get the gen2 where all the problems are fixed

And yeah, if other MTWs are anything to go by, these will be pretty expensive. Since I also want to do one with a HPA stock like a Wraith X or something, I reckon the build will easily go over £1000 for what I want to do, so it's good that I have time to put money aside for it :D 

Ok, so this is shipping a lot sooner than expected. It looks like these will ship late May/early June and are already up for pre-order. Also it looks like it'll be compatible with A&K SR-25 magazines, which means that Cyma SR-25 mags should also fit (good for me as I have 5). Also looks like you can have the outer barrel either 14.5" or 16" as it has a screw on extension at 1.5". Interestingly, out of the box it looks like the HPA line connects by the stock. Seems to be built like the Billet series, not the Forged series.

Starting to pop up for pre-order here too. Price seems to be around the £800 mark

https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/wolverine-mtw-308

https://shop.super5ives.com/shop/item/133460/wolverine-airsoft-mtw-308-tactical-14-dmr.html