Site in Plymouth closing

Cannonfodder

I've never heard of the site let alone played there but this came up on my faceache feed

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/mystery-plymouth-airsoft-arena-suddenly-9109223

TL,DR: Smokin Guns airsoft site in Plymouth is closing

Edit: from the comments on Facebook I can see why it closed. They did bugger all advertising, charged £25 for an hour long session and you couldn't use your own kit. Also there are accusations the owners weren't paying rent of staff wages, if this is true then quite frankly it sounds like the airsoft community in the area are better off without them

Edited by Cannonfodder

£25 per hour!!

That's nearly as much as a certain plumber/heating engineer on here gets 😉

At that rate,combined with other issues,it was never going to succeed.

As @Cannonfoddersays it would seem that Airsoft is better off without them.

Yikes. I would usually say it's sad to hear of a site closing down but when you charge an uncompetitive rate for just an hour's play and you exclude your biggest airsoft player base i.e. those with their own kit, you're lining yourself up for failure.

If (non-volunteers) people charged with looking after the players' safety and upholding the reputation of airsoft aren't being paid their due, you don't deserve to be in the business.

Wonder if it’s the same guy referenced in this post?

Can’t find the airsoft site on companies house but I assume that’s the owners Mrs on the other businesses which doesn’t inspire confidence that’s he’s not barred from being a director.

No idea but it wouldn't surprise me. The fb post I saw had quite a few comments saying the owners are con artists and scammers as they've been involved in other businesses which have folded after getting business loans etc

On 21/02/2024 at 15:46, BreadyC said:

Wonder if it’s the same guy referenced in this post?

Can’t find the airsoft site on companies house but I assume that’s the owners Mrs on the other businesses which doesn’t inspire confidence that’s he’s not barred from being a director.

Oh hello, now that's a name I recognise from when I was back in the muff 10ish years ago.

4 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Oh hello, now that's a name I recognise from when I was back in the muff 10ish years ago.

Back in the what?? 🤔

1 hour ago, GiantKiwi said:

spacer.png

Oh right.thanks 👍