Slim Timed BFG

Tackle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys, so I've had an old skool timed dynatex for 20 years, great bit of kit but bit bulky for some of my rigs, got a couple of much slimmer impact grenades, tested them at home & Tbh not that impressed, not guaranteed to work unless used on the hardest surfaces, & as I rarely play cqb, pointless to keep so moved them on. 

So my question is, does anyone make a slim timed bfg that's reliable, & takes blanks or primers, not after any of those popping disc co2 bollocks. 

Cheers 

Mark 

Plus Araments make one with adjustable timing 
https://www.pulsearmaments.com/product-page/Gen2-B1-209
They're a little on the expensive side and while slimmer they're are probably not much smaller overall. 

There doesn't seem to be many timed bfgs on the market. 

I personally have an oshiboom impact and as you said they don't work very well outside of the hardest of surfaces. 
I've also got a SWAT BFG which i'm pretty sure is a clone/improvment? of the dynatex 

Edited by Stevio

That Pulse looks cool but yeah, pricy.

Pity it doesn't come up with a search for "airsoft timed bfg

When I was looking I didn't see anything other than SWAT and Dynatex  (Both very similar.  I believe SWAT was the original and Dynatex is the copy)

Theoretically it should be possible to make a much smaller version with the same reliable design.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

That Pulse looks cool but yeah, pricy.

Pity it doesn't come up with a search for "airsoft timed bfg

When I was looking I didn't see anything other than SWAT and Dynatex  (Both very similar.  I believe SWAT was the original and Dynatex is the copy)

Theoretically it should be possible to make a much smaller version with the same reliable design.

Yeah, I actually started to wonder if I could mod my dynatex for a slimmer body ?. 

I think dynatex came first, had mine 20 years at least. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I think dynatex came first, had mine 20 years at least. 

Ah yeah, I think I got em mixed up.

Its just a piston sucking air through a small vent hole to do the timing if I remember correctly.

It should be possible to put it in a smaller body or even make a smaller diameter piston but it would have to be matched to the spring strength.

And the body would have to be quite strong.

I imagine they have a patent on the design.

I'd avoid SWAT like the plague. We ordered two VTGs in 2018 and never received them, nor a refund despite calling and emailing. Luckily I could claim back the money via Barclaycard, but my friend lost his money.

I'm not sure if this 100% fitted your criteria but I picked up 
From this guy https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/airsoft-micro-grenade-impact-cap-gun-ring-sound-grenade-meteorite-meteor-lite-e-fulcrumairsoft
He sells complete ones on ebay. 

My local was happy for me to field it as it's not nearly as loud is a .209 primer bfg
Super small, fits in a 40mm pouch. Only downside is if it gets wet they don't trigger :(
For the price it might be worth a try 

36 minutes ago, Stevio said:

I'm not sure if this 100% fitted your criteria but I picked up 
From this guy https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/airsoft-micro-grenade-impact-cap-gun-ring-sound-grenade-meteorite-meteor-lite-e-fulcrumairsoft
He sells complete ones on ebay. 

My local was happy for me to field it as it's not nearly as loud is a .209 primer bfg
Super small, fits in a 40mm pouch. Only downside is if it gets wet they don't trigger :(
For the price it might be worth a try 

I've literally just printed and made one of these. I've superglued a bit of 600grit to the "sear" that goes at the top of the bolt to help it as it was a bit tricky to arm (made with creality oem petg). 

havent had my caps delivered yet, i'm hoping this week to get some tryouts with it. :) 

For £12 and however long it took to print, its not a bad set up. :)

1 hour ago, Egon_247 said:

I've literally just printed and made one of these. I've superglued a bit of 600grit to the "sear" that goes at the top of the bolt to help it as it was a bit tricky to arm (made with creality oem petg). 

havent had my caps delivered yet, i'm hoping this week to get some tryouts with it. :) 

For £12 and however long it took to print, its not a bad set up. :)

Cool

keep us posted please 😘

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.