latest banning things that are already banned legislation

hunter511

16 hours ago, Sewdhull said:

The government do them selves no favours without specificity.

Clearly a baseball or cricket bat isn't a baton and a defence would exist anyway, but Joe public with thier limited understanding will see issues.

Back in the day I used to wonder why people would pack a baseball bat as their preferred weapon when a cricket bat would do the job just as well but be that little bit more convincing for the UK

5 hours ago, Jamsandwich said:

That white thing with the ribbed handle looks like it could cause some discomfort at the very least...

Ribbed for pleasure and wider at one end to minimise the risk of going to A&E to have it removed after ‘falling over’ onto it

On 19/02/2024 at 09:55, Sewdhull said:

There was a stated case that a butter knife was a bladed article so it's entirely possible that anything might be bladed, blunt or not.

I know someone who was done for his fruit knife, but he was a repeat drink drive offender and able to provide valid reasons for all his tree surgeon assorted blades

He accepted that it was fair enough for everything he usually ignored  

7 hours ago, Jamsandwich said:

That white thing with the ribbed handle looks like it could cause some discomfort at the very least...

It only tickles for the first few inches, erm... I mean it's for beating meat, erm... I mean it's a steak pounder, erm... I man it's... Oh, never mind.

If you have a spare seventeen minutes, this gentleman presents some good arguments against banning more things, and what you can do about it:

It looks like crossbows may be next though: