Using/fitting a torch to a pump action shotgun

In a few days time I'm looking at running my new Golden Eagle M870 (https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/golden-eagle-type-870-m8871-railed-gas-shotgun) in the Epsom Tunnels (CQB). I'm struggling to identify a viable way of mounting a torch with pressure switch - what do people suggest? I imagine that its a problem common to all types of pump action....

Mounted on the top rail ….. with a rail mount 

In a similar manner to mine in the thread here:

(The topic was about cameras but the pictures show both my camera and my light / push switch)

The light is on a rail mount, the switch ended up as a combination of being ‘stuck’ with a Velcro command strip and an elastic band.  I was planning on using chopped up bicycle inner tube but it was tight and the elastic was available

Beware of over using your light.  The light is best used while it is turned off

Any switching on should be:

1) momentarily whilst being aware that it will attract shots

2) not silhouetting team mates - such as me when I sneaked into enemy HQ before being displayed by my team

3) to search a room for objects - when known to be safe

4) walking into / out of the game zone before / after the game 

Bolt a bit of rail to the pump would be my solution. What I did with my old m3. 

I use a 25mm picatinny rail bolted to the barrel in front of the forend at about 45 deg.  The picatinny rail has a Q/D 25mm mount attached.  The 25mm mount holds the torch.  

Press rear button/switch on torch.  Fire shotgun.  Pump forened, finish shot/follow through shot.  Press torch off with forward stroke of forend.  

Some great ideas,thanks! I'll try to work something out this evening. Including if I dare screw anything into the pump/foregrip.

I don't tend to use a torch much in CQB, as I subscribe to the above wisdom that 95% of the time it unesssarily advertises your position, but when you need it, you need it!

It may be possible to insert a torch in the lower tube, take the wiring down the tube and mount the pressure switch where you will.

I know this can be done on a Springer, I don't know what's in your lower tube...oo er...

https://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/218458-tokyo-marui-m870-building-the-ultimate-airsoft-shotgun/

Edited by Sewdhull

That's an interesting idea! Certainly, when I ran the shotgun last night in the Epsom tunnels, my attempt at fixing the torch to the top rail and actuating with a thumb or forefinger didn't really work out. That said, the whole shotgun performance was pretty poor. Despite cleaning a metric tonne of what looked like grease out of the barrels, and gently cleaning the fixed hops with a alcohol soaked patch, the range on the Golden Eagle was pathetic, 15m, with no appreciable hop (on 0.2s), and a spread larger than person sized at that 15m range. Not sure if i have got a lemon, but at the moment, investing the time in rigging a torch onto the lower tube doesn't seem worthwhile unfortunately.

On 06/02/2024 at 20:59, Sewdhull said:

What the guy has done in that link - and the amount of time he must have invested...wow!