Moving RIFs outside of UK to Russia

Rekorz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I was studying for 2 years in the UK uni and bought 3 ages and a pistol and now, when my uni is about to be finished, I’m thinking of moving them back home. Are there any tips and tricks? Will the plane be easier or postage is easier? Thanks in advance. ( there are no direct flights to Russia from UK, only connection via Istanbul)

18 hours ago, Rekorz said:

Hi guys, I was studying for 2 years in the UK uni and bought 3 ages and a pistol and now, when my uni is about to be finished, I’m thinking of moving them back home. Are there any tips and tricks? Will the plane be easier or postage is easier? Thanks in advance. ( there are no direct flights to Russia from UK, only connection via Istanbul)

Going through Istanbul, anything other than shipping it internationally, probably not a chance in hell - its nigh on impossible to properly document them to meet the Turkish requirements for importing firearm replicas, even those in transit to elsewhere.

Just now, Rekorz said:

And, possibly, if I would get a transit bus from France to kaliningrad( Russia) will there be any problems at the border? German and Poland?

Germany certainly. They are very stringent. 

Honestly it's not worth the hassle, you should sell them before leaving the country. You need to satisfy the laws of any country you travel to. 

Even as stripped to components Germany is bloody awful and requires loads of paperwork.   

I wouldn't fuck about with Turkish plod.  If anything goes wrong...

Post to Russia via Royal Mail is still fine.  Take the things apart and declare as parts, but you've no insurance if it all goes wrong.  

Russia

Start date: 28 February 2022
Latest Update: 26 June 2023
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Service availability

Latest Update
We are still despatching postal items to Russia. We are continually monitoring the situation and will provide an update if there are any changes to our service moving forward.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.