How are these goggles?

Yashy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tommikka said:

EN166B is likely to be acceptable, but is a lower level of impact protection than EN166A …..  but if you run down the thread as below you may not be able to get lenses at that standard 

Let's be fair, A is WAAAAAAY more than you would need for airsoft.

• Supporters

B is more than we need, F (and glasses can only be rated to F) is technically not enough, but have you ever seen any polycarbonate eyepro fail?

Those will be fine for impacts, and the dual-pane is a good shout to avoid misting.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

but have you ever seen any polycarbonate eyepro fail?

I have, but only in extreme circumstances. The bigger issue for me with glasses is the gaps around the side!

• Supporters
On 13/12/2023 at 12:03, Lozart said:

I have, but only in extreme circumstances.

I've seen a few recorded instances of a lens detaching from the frame, but not a failure of the polycarb itself.  Anything close to 2mm should shrug off airsoft energies, I'd be interested in hearing the circumstances of an exception.

On 13/12/2023 at 12:03, Lozart said:

The bigger issue for me with glasses is the gaps around the side!

Oh, agreed, I'd never play in shooting glasses, even with a retention strap. Full seal, all the way, find a way to deal with the fogging.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.