Custom glock slides, What would you like to see?

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So ive been in the process of 3d modeling slides for glocks. This started out as me wanting a red dot as low to the slide as possible on my glock 26 and with as little weight as possible and then I decided I may as well make the other lengths. I have 17, 19 and 26 working on  raven, we and kj works glocks and now I have the models I may as well make some custom stuff. Is there anything in particular people would like to see?
I will probably be making some durability changes such as making the spring guide hole a seperate piece that prints in a different orientation but the slides already work very well. There is a noticable increase in snappiness too on we and such since this is a ton lighter than their normal slides. Ill be putting a bunch of rounds through them to see how durable they are but these first versions are just in pla filament anyway. 

DSC_3209.thumb.JPG.2a47003cbf8c8b73e6d5d3785ed34740.JPG

Edited by HuttArmouries

• Supporters

I've recently encountered a situation where I really want a replacement set of plastic frame and slide for a different TM platform, so I do wish such things were available and made from a plastic that's at least as good as TM's stuff.  But end of the day all I'd recommend is testing these out as much as you can, iterate to make them as tough as possible, worry about the random weird features that internet strangers will ask for much further down the line.

4 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

I've recently encountered a situation where I really want a replacement set of plastic frame and slide for a different TM platform, so I do wish such things were available and made from a plastic that's at least as good as TM's stuff.  But end of the day all I'd recommend is testing these out as much as you can, iterate to make them as tough as possible, worry about the random weird features that internet strangers will ask for much further down the line.

Fair point. I intend to run the g26 and 19 versions of this as my regular pistols for now to see how they hold up particularly with a red dot mounted to them as im using brass threaded inserts melted into the plastic. going to be interesting to see how they hold up

38 minutes ago, BigAl said:

A 17L would be cool, of coarse a longer outer barrel would also be needed.

that certainly seems doable but there is the slight issue that my 3d printer has an 18 x 18 x18 cm build area so I dont think id actually be able to print it if I did make it. About 220 is the most I can squeeze out diagonally but the 17l slide is 242 so id probably have to do it in 2 pieces. 

Edit: my mistake. overall pistol length is 240, slide is 225 so I may just barely be able to get it printed

Edited by HuttArmouries

Made some design changes to the glock 26 slide as I was getting the most breakages with that one. the most common one was the ring for the front of the guide rod snapping off. In this new version the front barrel and guide rod holes are a seperate piece that slots in which allows me to print it face down and have the layer lines going along it. Will see how well this method works btu it may leave the slide able to flex too much

Capture.PNG.ca8854b050e2073e7ce82b56767a4b89.PNGCapture2.PNG.e194a1fd428b1137dea6ab8bfd213cb8.PNG

On 22/11/2023 at 01:23, BigAl said:

A 17L would be cool, of coarse a longer outer barrel would also be needed.

Finished modeling a 17 l slide but unfortunately as I was printing it the heat sensor on my printer died so im waiting for a replacement. Also modeled a 3d printable screw in barrel extension. Its not the strongest thing in the world but it will do for now until I can find a stronger alternative. 

Capture3.PNG.6a4623877af0a9c4d42f2c0f1f76c0bc.PNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.